DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[MUSIC] That song makes me think of…

I don’t know about anybody else, but there are certain songs, even groups that when I hear them, it makes me think of or remember somebody or something. Keeping with that, I’m starting this thread to be much like the proboards site “What are you listening to”. For this one, just post any music you want and give a little tell on what that music makes you think of, how it makes feel, or any memories it inspires!

To start it off I heard Kind & Generous by Natalie Merchant on my way into work and instantly thought of my wife. It was played at our wedding reception, and one of the songs we danced to. I like it because, you can never thank the woman you love enough for everything she does for you, no matter how long you stay together.

I heard the pamfluit version of The Rose (Betty Midler, I think?) today at my uncle's funeral. It made me think of my mum who died in '84 as there was a Belgian lady who sang the flemish version of that and my mum once took me to see her during our yearly festival in Ghent.

From now on that song will also remind me of my uncle.

Back in '94 i was in Rotterdam at the soccer stadium to see Metallica. There must have been neigh on 100,000 people at teh gig and during one of the highlights of the show "Creeping Death" all i can remember seeing is arms raised, fists pumping as the crowd sang along to the chorus.......a sight, and sound, to make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. A superb moment and one that i am always reminded of whenever i listen to that track.

Owen

Good topic choice Footy and Mysty, I love that song too, although I like the Bette Midler version. :)

Bette Midler's "Wind Beneath My Wings", is a thoroughly beautiful song, no matter how many times I hear it. Its the one that makes me think of my Mum. She's my hero in so many ways and her support is what has got me through a lot of bad stuff. She gives me something to aim for and if I end up half the woman she is, I'll be content.

Guest Cadsuane

Alice in Chains' Rooster and Jerry Cantrell's Cut You In both remind me of the strangest night of my life, particularly this guy named John. :roll:

Doncha by the Pussycat Dolls reminds me of my best friend's brother, because, well... he wishes his girlfriend was hot like me. :twisted:

"You Are My Sunshine", by basically anybody, reminds me off my dad, because he always used to sing that to me when I was little. He would sing it to my mom and sister too, so I suppose it just reminds me of my family. Not that I need reminding.... I still live with them... I'm only 15, what do you expect? ^^

let's just say Iron Maiden's The Trooper reminds me of my husband's and mine first special night. :oops:

I've had a similar Metallica Creeping Death experience as Whitewolf described except mine was in Memphis TN in 1987 the And justus for all tour.

And I had a cool moment at a Lenny Kravitz concert. It was at an ampitheatre in Nashville. It was night and I was standing on the high part of the hill dancing, the wind was caresing the crowd and everyone was singing " I want to get away, I want to fly away, yeeea yeeea yeah" in perfect unision. Lenny stops and says "Oh my God, no way that was perfect, that was almost #$@*in better than sex." That was one excellent moment, and helluva night. :wink:

Depeche Mode "In your room" - always brings memories of one special night I had ;-)

Pearl Jam - "Rearviewmirror" - after I got rejected by my first big love when I was a teenager :-)

There's couple more Dead Can Dance, The Gathering, Stratovarius ... and mostly 80'-90' rock and pop.

My friends (Bad Bob, Fast Eddie and Wild Bill) and I were at a ZZ Top gig one night at Arizona State University. Between acts we and thousands of others were in lines waiting for grub, drinks, whatever..... We had vacated the line and were holding up a wall, people watching. A very tore up guy, with hair that looked as if he'd stuck a finger in a light socket came by and hurled, just as he crossed through the line we had been in..... the dude never missed a step, just kept on keepin' on. Of course the people in the line which was all the way across the concourse formed a gap. People who were also walking along, naturally, headed for said gap..... We were entertained for the next half hour or so, watching people slip and slide, most as tore up as we were. they didn't watch where they were walking ..... no one went down, though there were close calls...... The funniest ones tried to ignore it and act as if they just walked that way all the time!!

When ever any of us hear 'Jesus Just Left Chicago" (they opened the set with that) now..... or even get to talking about weird nights...... That one 30 odd years ago, with "Light Socket Louie" always comes up.

excellant idea Footy!! and some of other's favorite songs..just mentioning them spark my own memories..my brother sang Wind Beneath My Wings at my first wedding..*smiles*

Sammy Kershaw has re released an oldie called:

Baby's Got her Blue Jeans On..and I can't help but chuckle! When that first came out..many years ago, my mom had bought some new jeans..back then woman didn't wear jeans a lot..and my daddy would sing that to her and wink..and she would blush and just grin!!

Gonna sound strange...

John Denver "Please Daddy Don't get Drunk This Christmas" reminds me of my sister. We were digging through my parent's old records one Christmas and we found John Denver and tossed it on the turntable and this was the song we heard... there were many jokes about the most Christmasy of Christmas songs... and now when we go to trim the tree at the parent's house every year... yup... gotta toss JD on the turntable and sing to our Southern Baptist Preacher father not to get drunk.

Another song that takes me back to vivid memories is a song by Barenaked Ladies "When I fall". It reminds me of a humid, rainy, steamy summer night in Atlanta when my best friend and I were leaning on each other, singing and crying a bit... we had both just broke up with people. He held me during a song that I cried through, and I was returning the favor.

Um Footy, great song, but it's Social Distortion.

For me the songs that seem to kind of inspire odd sort of relativity are Sheryl Crow's Leaving Las Vegas...that is about how i feel every time I leave MD.

Linkin Park's Crawling. (those who know me, know why)

And at the moment whenever I hear the Clash's "Should I Stay or Should I Go", I am reminded of my ex girlfriend. Good bloody riddance.

Um Footy' date=' great song, but it's Social Distortion.

[/quote']

Why, yes it is! And that's what I get for typing on Word at work and mispelling something so badly, Word auto-corrects to something completely different! Thanks, I'll fix that right quick.

Archived