DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Gift for our Dear Amyrlin *grins*

lol i was just re reading the books and i found where egwene stood on a soap box in salidar. I thought our good Amyrlin should have one of her own to stand on.

*sets soap box down in front of a fountain and motions to the box*

soapbox.jpg

*checks arrangements and chuckles as he motions for kath to mount her new toy*

You know, it just occurred to me, that you probably have something very nice and sweet planned for me and here I am, being difficult.

However, I'm very afraid of heights and that box is too tall for me. Perhaps some other time?

Actually, I am terribly acrophobic. I had a nasty panic attack at Dragon*Con a few years ago in front of some DMers. I hate standing on chairs or boxes because of it. I'm convinced I'm going to fall and die.

No, that was just normal anxiety. The panic attack was a few years later, in a stairwell. There was screaming and crying involved. I think Matalina and her husband were the people with me then.

I'm very, very neurotic. I'm afraid of heights and water. My husband was shocked the first time he watched me shower (married people do that) and saw that I hardly got my face wet, until it was time to wash it. The smell of chlorine makes me nervous, because it reminds me of swimming pools. I'm not fond of spiders either, and cockroaches terrify me.

I can only ride escalators going up, not down. Very tall escalators aren't much fun and I avoid them. I've learned to tolerate glass elevators, but I can't watch. Open stairwells freak me out.

Archived