DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Arrival for Tuc

Twitchy

Tuc looked up towards the top of the large door he was standing in front of. He had to crane his neck to do so, and straining it backwards so much caused his small eye patch to fly off. Gasping in embarrassment, Tuc fell to the ground as quickly as he could to pick up the black cloth. He grabbed it, and a booted foot stomped down on to his hand.

“Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, please, ow, ow, stop, ow, ow, that, ow, owwwww.” Tuc stuttered out, still looking at the ground and the foot squashing the bones in his hand together. His hand was starting to throb, and he knew that if he looked up to the man stepping on it, his first day at the Fortress of the Light would have a damper put on it.

“Look up when you speak to me.” A deep voice rumbled above Tuc, and it didn’t sound like a deep voice that made women get weak kneed, it sounded like a deep voice used to cutting off limbs. Damn… Tuc thought, and slowly raised his head, his crystal blue eye stared up to the man with close cut dark hair and a rocky face. His empty eye socket stared at nothing.

“Ah! Shadowspawn freak! Shadowspawn!” The big man screamed and jumped off of Tuc’s hand fumbling at the large, scary looking hammer that was hooked to his side. Tuc’s eye bulged, he knew some people were stupid, but this was ridiculous. Although Tuc had been the smartest orphan in his orphanage, his brain could only think of one thing to do at the moment.

“I hope you’re not a Child!” Tuc said frantically, and slammed the man still fumbling with his hammer in the nose. The deep-voiced man’s eyes crossed for a moment, and then he fell down. Tuc looked around hastily to see if anyone had seen, but conveniently, nobody was around the gates. Tuc opened up the lid of a nearby barrel and stuffed the man inside. What a great start to your life of being a man of the light…or child, whatever. Tuc thought unhappily. Sighing, his day mostly ruined, he went through the gates that had opened for him.

Tuc found where he was meant to go for being enlisted rather quickly, and sat in the waiting room, twiddling his thumbs worriedly. What if someone found out about the incident at the gates? He shook his head, nobody was going to find out...hopefully... a woman popped her head into the room where he was sitting.

"The head clerk will see you now." She said briskly, and her head went back into the other room. Tuc swallowed his heart that was in his throat, and entered the room. "Hello...I'm interested in joining the Children of the Light-" Tuc began and was cut off.

"Speak when you are spoken to!" The voice he heard in front of him said angrily. Tuc's heart dropped even further, what a way to began his new life.

Roudal was trying to remain concentrated with all the chattering around him. He was an impatient man. Or so everyone claimed. Roudal had no idea why everyone had that impression of him. Snapping, he banged his fist on the desk violently, leaving a fine little crack. All the faces in the room turned white and the chattering died off into a grave yard atmosphere. Sighing delightfully, Roudal returned to the financial reports. But before he could read even a word, he realized someone was standing in front of his desk. "Hello...I'm interested in joining the Children of the Light."

Roudal cut him off in annoyance. "Speak when you are spoken to, boy!" He eyed the lad for a moment, while running his fingers through his bushy beard and decided that finishing the singing up swiftly was a better idea then detaining the boy. Dipping the quill in the ink, Roudal raised his eyes to meet the lad's. "Full name, age and place of origin, boy. And be quick about it. I have a mountain of work to do as it is."

Roudal

Head Clerk

Tuc swallowed past the lump in his throat. "Full name, age and place of origin, boy. And be quick about it. I have a mountain of work to do as it is." The words went through his mind, he tried to answer the first question. Name...name, why couldn't he remember his name! Roudal's mouth narrowed impatiently. "I...uh, my name, it's..." Tuc stuttered, this was the most ridiculous thing that had ever happened to him, it was like when his friends at the orphanage found out that he had Mrs. Dubler tuck him in- Tuc! That was his name! "My name is Tuc sir, Tuc Iblis. I'm twenty-seven, and I'm from...I guess I was raised in Andor sir." Tuc said hesitantly, was place of origin where he was born, or where he was raised? Who knew signing up for the Children of the Light was such a hard task... "You guess you were raised in Andor, huh? Well, if that's the case, I guess I could kill the Dark One by myself." Roudal snapped, why were these people so mean!

Tuc quivered, "I mean, yes, I'm from Andor sir, I'm sorry sir, I'm a bit nervous." Roudal scoffed, but said nothing, and wrote down the information. "Go down the hall to your left, walk about forty paces, take a right, walk about eighteen paces, you'll see two doors, go through the one on the left, you'll see two more doors, go through the one on the right, and you'll be at the dormitory offices, ask the woman there for where you will be sleeping." Roudal said, and lowered his head to the report in front of him. Tuc opened his mouth, then closed it again warily when Roudal looked up with narrowed eyes. "left, forty, right, eighteen, left, right..." Tuc repeated to himself, if he forgot, and had to come back to Roudal, he was afraid that he might get kicked out from the training process. When Tuc reached the two doors, he reached for the left one. Or was it the right one... No, it was left then right...or maybe it was right then left? Tuc gulped, hoped that a giant monster wasn't behind the left door, and turned the handle. Two more doors faced him after he opened the first one. ...What is this, a conspiracy against new people? Tuc thought angrily. Left or Right...Left or Right... Tuc held up his right hand, and made an "L" since the "L" was backwards, he decided that left was wrong, and he opened up the door to his right. Thankfully, a woman behind the desk looked up, she had some large...Tuc shook his head from the thought, and she looked at him questioningly, it wasn't very normal that people walked into a room and shook their head ferociously. She asked cautiously, "May I help you?" Tuc nodded, "I, er, I need a room, I'm a new recruit." He rushed out, trying to get out of the room as quickly as possible. The woman grinned at him, and answered.

OOC:

Spazzy, after this post, RP Tuc wondering through the fortress and checking out his room. Maybe even set up for Ken(moose) to join in as you arrive in your room. Oh...and just a point of interest....try not to RP too much other people's characters as they might not appriciate it :)

*hugs* Welcome to the CoL, hun :D

IC:

Emanuela lit up her oil lamp to lighten up the room. Her eye sight wasn't as good as it used to be and the afternoon sun no longer provided the light she needed to go through her papers. Pausing on the needed furniture list she composed earlier, she made a mental note to have it sent to her uncle who always delivered the best, being one of the more well known merchants in Amador. She smiled at the list as she spotted a request for a new desk. She would have to speak to Roudal about his habit of taking out his frustrations on poor innocent desks.

Emanuela raised her head in surprise as a young man burst into the office without knocking. She thought about scolding the boy, but as she noticed how nervous he was, she couldn't help but smile. "Please, sit down. What is your name?". It seemed the boy answered to the name Tuc.

"Where to place you..." Emanuela flipped through her room assigning book in search of a room that had space for another recruit. Then she suddenly recalled that a few days before she opened a new room. She looked through the pages to look for the exact room. "You will be sharing it with Ken. He joined us a few days ago. I'm sure you will get along wonderfully. You will find 6 sets of uniforms in the closet. Take good care of them. They will not be replaced. You are dismissed, Tuc. I wish you the best of luck." Emanuela gave him one of her motherly smiles and handed him a note with the number of his room.

Emanuela

Quartermaster

• 5 weeks later...

"You are dismissed Tuc, I wish you the best of luck." Tuc grinned, and took the note with his room number on it. The number on it was 230, a nice, easy to remember number, hopefully he had some good neighbors, not people like that jerk he'd met outside the gates. Trying to find his way through the Fortress was like trying to find a piece of flesh in a Trolloc cookpot, and finding his room was like trying to find a orphan in Andor not harmed in some way by Tuc. After an hour of searching he found the 230's, and reached for his door handle. When his hand grabbed the handle, an odd looking man burst out of room 237, screaming that he was going to be late for basic training, and cursing the Creator for making breasts so enjoyable to look at. Tuc ignored the second part, and threw his belongings quickly into his room, there was no way he'd be late for his first day of basic training. When he got there, it turned out that the odd man, who's name was Bert, had been wrong, and they were actually a day early for Basic Training. Tuc sighed, and went back to his room...What a day.

• 3 years later...