DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[BotRH] The Guild of Blades summons Mystica!!

The night is cloudy and dark. Lightening flickers in the distance, illuminating the clouds, to show the outline of the threatening storm. A steady breeze carries with it the strong smell of salt from the ocean to the South. A torch lined path leads towards the ocean through the woods, and the canopy of new spring leaves light up brighter with each bluish white flicker of the lightening. Distantly thunder rumbles menacingly. The path winds through the dark woods, steadily climbing in a slight upwards slant away from the Band’s encampment, before finally opening up onto a peninsula jutting out high over the ocean. The entire peninsula is ringed with torches that blow fitfully in the strong ocean winds that suddenly pick up once the safety of the forest is gone. The ocean crashes on the cliff face a couple hundred spans below where the majority of the Band of the Red Hand stands in full dress armor. This peninsula juts out further than the rest of the shore, perching the area for this night’s ceremony far out above the raging sea below. Where the torches widen to encircle the peninsula, two rows of Infantry soldiers in full plate armor face each other to continue the path to the end of the outcropping of land. At the very end of the double row of soldiers stand two Infantry officers in burnished plate. Attached to their armor are midnight black cloaks with a bright red liner. On both breast plates on the left front is a Red Hand, with the Blademaster design engraved on the opposite side. Behind the two officers is a large fire and between them is a smooth, stone table with several items on it. Grim looks across the table at Rhian and nods to her.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhian acknowledged Grim's nod and, turning to Hopeful Mystica, raised her voice to Parade Ground level.

Mystica! You have been summoned by the Guild of Blades! Stand Forward!

Mystica followed the torch lit path as instructed earlier in silent awe of the beauty that was surrounding her from all side. The air was rich with the promise of a coming storm and the smell of the ocean wafted through the woods, carressing the leaves that were dancing in the flickering light of the torches. Shivering despite wearing her full official armor, Mystica contemplated on the road she was about to take once more and felt the weight of that burdon literally settling down on her, though her stride did not falter. Arriving at the peninsula, Mystica stopped in front of the clearing, her breath caught from the sight opening up before her. She had, of course, witnessed the ceremony of Blademaster Rhian, but nothing could prepare you fully for this moment. Here before her stood the heart of the Infantry. It's true face open and exposed to Nature, the Light and to her. Gulping Myst gathered her courage and fought the tears that suddenly demanded release and stood silently waiting, facing the Blademasters up ahead.

Upon hearing her summons from Rhian, Mystica strode forward with secure tred, in between the two rows of soldiers towards the front of the line, stopping right before the Blademasters and saluted both with fist over heart.

As you have summoned me, Blademasters, so have I come. I stand ready.

Grim announces in a loud voice that reaches the far side of the outcrop to every Bander’s ear.

Hopeful Mystica, kneel and submit to the judgment of the Guild!

Once she kneels, Grim continues

Mystica, you have come before the Guild of Blades to receive the title of Blademaster! Before you receive this I charge you with four duties: Guard the Band and its ideals, Guard the Infantry and our traditions, Guard your fellow soldiers and their lives, and finally, guard the innocent as if their lives were your own until strength is gone, until blade is dull, until your life is lost. Do you accept these duties of a Blademaster?

Mystica kneeled and listened carefully to Grim's outline of the duty of a Blademaster.

Under the Light and by my hope of rebirth and salvation, I accept these duties wholeheartedly and without reserve.

Mystica, Present Hadhafang and Varya!

Mystica draws Hadhafang and Varya and holds them up to Grim. He and Rhian take the weapons and set them on the stone table. Lifting a stamp made of Heart Stone, and a mallet, Grim sets the stamp on the blade of Hadhafang and strikes it with the mallet. Lightening flashes in the sky from the approaching storm as sparks issue from the stamp striking the blade. Grim turns the blade over and once again sets the stamp and strikes it. Grim then hands the stamp and mallet to Rhian who repeats the process on Varya. Hefting the newly marked blades, Grim and Rhian hand Hadhafang and Varya back to Mystica, who sees with amazement the Herons marked on either side at the base of the blade. Grim sees her look of wonder and explains.

This stamp is made with the Power and will leave the mark of the Heron on any blade, no matter what that blade is made of, be it Heart Stone, steel, or Mithrill. With these blades come two things: The Blademaster pin.

Footy retrieves a small cushion from the stone table. Lowering it before Myst, she sees

BMPinandCushion.jpg

Taking the pin, Rhian secures it to the sash that crosses the front of Myst’s own breast plate.

The next thing to come with this blade is your naming day. Mystica, Der Mandarb of the Infantry, member of the Guild of Blades, and Blademaster, state your Master Name in a clear and loud voice for all to hear and know.

Mystica eyes both Hadhafang and Varya with renewed wonder. She had been worried that the branding wouldn't work, but both blades had accepted it fully and without hesitation. Their song still filling her ears strengthened her resolve even further and she spoke loudly and clearly.

In honour of those that performed my Completion, I take the name of Galadriel (Gala for short), also known as the Lady of Light among her people and decendant of she for whome Hadhafang was originally created. That her spirit may be with me, the Infantry and the Band of the Red Hand in our neverending fight against all forces of Darkness.

A blinding beam of light suddenly errupted from both Hadhafang and Varya, pointing straight up and connecting together in a braid of allcolored lights and Mystica knew the blades fully supported her bold action and claim.

Blademaster Rhian stood at the front of the line of Infantry soldiers together with the other Officers and as Blademaster Grim pronounced the RLO as Blademaster, she raised her voice.

Infantry! Salute!

As one, all Infantry blades, right down to the Recruits with their training blades, snapped up in salute. Hilt held with both hands at mid level, blade pointing up in a straight line.

Infantry! Present Arms!

A swoosh was heard as the gathered regiment swung their blades in a complicated series of forms, twirling the blades rapidly, ending with each hilt pointing forward, blade horizontally pointing towards the holder with the tip vanishing under the right armpit, arm held out straight and rigid.

Stepping forward to stand in front of Mystica, Rhian performed the same ritual with Windsinger, ending with it's hilt pointing straight at Myst.

RLO Mystica, Blademaster Galadriel, the Infantry congratulate you on achieving our highest rank. We offer you our gratitude for the oaths you have taken, the responsibility you have accepted and the sacrifices you will endure. Today is a proud and fine day for the Infantry of the Band of the Red Hand!

Infantry! Salute!

Again as one, all infants snapped their swords into a swirling motion. Bringing their swords up in front of them and swooping them down and sideways ending in one smooth move sheathing the blade. Performing the motion with the rest, Rhian followed suit, a huge grin on her face.

Congratulations Mysty! This is a particularly special moment for me, having watched you progress from Raw Recruit to where you are today. I'm very proud of you hun. *snugglehugs*

Infantry! Brew Time!

A deafening roar errupted as the formations broke and every Infant came forward to congratulate their newest Blademaster.

Beaming and once again fighting back the tears, Mystica saluted her fellow Blademasters by crossing Hadhafang and Varya whose light now spread out to wrap and include all the gathered Infantry before they grew silent again and the light faded out.

Thank you, Blademasters. I shall do my best to live up to your inspiring example.

Grinning, the oh so familiar twinkle entered her eyes and she added...

I still don't like Pink :twisted:

To the Infantry and the Band!!

Drinks from his glass of Tsorovan Chardonnay and salutes Myst.

To the Infantry Regimental Liaison Officer!!

If you will bear with us for a bit longer, this ceremony is not complete. You may not know it, but Blademaster Gala defeated my solidly in our test of arms. She was able to get into my head and shatter the void with one simple question. Mystica, I turn this over to you.

Mystica stood silently throghout Footy's speech and as he turns over the floor to her she reaches into the bodice of her armour and pulls out her Red Shawl and drapes it over herself, proclaiming her Ajah and Aes Sedai status for all to see. Her face the perfect image of Aes Sedai unreadable serenity she focusses on Footman and speaks.

Today I stand before you not only as a fellow Blademaster but also as Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah of the White Tower. I will not claim one over the other as both are me and I am both. To accept me is to accept the whole of me, for one can not be without the other.

Footman Grim, Bladmaster and Master of Arms of the Infantry in the Band of the Red hand. I have watched you and spoken to you. I have fought you and trained with you. I have witnessed your interaction and reaction to many different situations and with a huge variety of people. Through it all you have proven to be steadfast, reliable, flexible and strong in both body and soul. Your reputation preceeds you and I find it well earned and deservingly given. You are a credit to your Regiment and your Org and an enrichment to Dragonmount.

The Red Ajah hunts men that have been tainted by channeling Saidin and thus form a danger to themselves, their loved ones and the world in general. Ours is a life of sacrifice with little to no gratitude from those we service, yet we continue on our path under the Light and despite the dangers as that is our vow. We are characterised by strenght of character and will which often leads us to face death and worse from sources both of Darkness and the Light, for not always do those within the Light recognise our purpose.

To face these dangers and further limit the threat that compromises my duties I have been looking far and wide for one that could stand by me as my Warder. I can not think of any more capable or worthy at this time than you, Blademaster Grim.

Would you be willing to accept me as your Aes Sedai, to be my Warder from this day forward knowing all that this Bond entails?

Grim kneels before the Aes Sedai wincing at the twinges he still feels from their fight, and draws Crusader’s Redemption. Holding the sword hilt in his right hand, Footman grasps the blade with his left hand and slowly slides the blade through his white knuckle grip. Blood begins to run down the blade and a red smear shows where Grim’s hand passed, highlighted by several bolts of lightening that spider web across the night sky. Looking up at Mystica, he speaks.

A Blademaster is a formidable opponent, as is an Aes Sedai. But together in one person, well they are nigh invincible. However, almost, still isn’t invincible. Some things in life simply cannot be done by one person. Nobody can see behind them and guard their own back. You realize this and you have asked if I would be your warder, Mystica Aes Sedai, and nothing would give me greater pleasure or pride. Where ever you go, I will follow. Where ever you point, I will go. Whatever you ask, I will do. I swear in front of all gathered here, by my own blood *Grim holds up his clenched fist and his blood seeps down his arm and between his fingers*, by my sword *Grim’s other hand raises still holding Crusader’s Redemption*, by my hope of salvation and rebirth, That I, Footman Grim, will always be the first into danger and the last out. I will guard you with my life, allowing no harm to come to you. I will be there when you have need, be it for defense, friendship, laughter, support, or anything you might need. I kneel before you ready to serve until strength is gone, until steel grows dull, until life leaves me. That is my vow to you.

Embracing the Source, Mystica puts both her hands on Footman's head and speaks as she prepares the intricate bonding weaves.

Under the Light and by my hope of salvation and rebirth, I vow to you, Footman Grim, to be your Aes Sedai. To allow you to guard my life and my soul, to let you walk into danger before me and listen to your advice and counsil in matters of battle and war. I will hold your bond until you ask me to release you or until death seperates us. I promise not to lead you astray, to guard you when there is need and do all that is within my power to keep you in the Light. For yours will be mine as mine will be yours and no force shall pass me in this life to endanger your soul, for as long as our bond holds.

Gently putting the weave on Footman, Mystica smiles as she becomes aware of all his emotions. Hadhafang and Varya once more bursting into song and spreading a different hue of light took her by surprise as Footy's shocked startling inside her head revealed that he too now could hear their song.

It seems, my Gaidin, that there is a little surprise in this for both of us.

*shrieks*

*bounces*

Wooooooo hooooooooooo absolutely beautiful bonding both of you. I'm soooo thrilled for you. Much love and many happy years together. I hope its as much fun for you as both of mine are. :D :D

*huggles both of them several times over and snoopy dances Mysty round the peninsula*

:lol: Just wonderful........DRINKS!!!!!!!!!

Raij!!! *grabs and snugglebites* Thanks hon, I really appreciate you responding this fast lol *snugglebites all over just out of shere excitement*

Footy!!! you HAVE to meet our most delicious of Red Friends!! Raij here keeps our boards alive more than we do ourselves lol He's just great (and looks stupendous in Red)

Archived