DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cover art!!

Maria

Bloomsbury has released the cover art of the new HP book. The pictures can be found here

And here are my initial thoughts as I was downloading the picture. Beware: may not make much sense :P

I'm in the process of downloading the picture, but so far I can see the full moon. That has got to be important. And there's a silver staaaag! JAMES! Oh light, this is taking forever. *hums impatiently*

Is that goblin gold? Hmm..

And Hermione looks a little weird. Is this a new artist?

No, not goblin gold, just general gold. And rubies. Lots of them. And Ron is holding a sword. Is this Gryffindor's sword? Interesting. And the ball with the snake in it.

And what is that thing they're being sucked into?

Oh now I'm all happy and excited.

ETA: It's not Ron holding the sword. It's what looks like a house-elf. DOBBY! *ggls*

Hah, Larmie loves me. Excellent. *g*

And that was my first thought, too, that it may be goblin gold. Then I saw all the rubies. There is also some kind of armor, with a helmet with a gryffin on (maybe Gryffindor's army. We know he had a sword, so..). There is also a breastplate, but I can't tell what animal is on there. It kind of looks like a snake, but I'm not sure.

Oooo.. I wonder if there is something from all four founders on the picture. *starts to look*

I haven't seen the American one yet. HOW CAN I NOT HAVE SEEN THE AMERICAN ONE YET????

And of course I beat you to it. What do you think I am, some kind of 2nd rate Potter fan? *g*

Me, I love that it has Harry's patronus/Prongs. There is so much we need to know about the Marauders and only one book to do it. It shall be love. (Why yes, I am shamelessly in love with the Marauders. If Sirius hadn't been.. you know.. ;) I totally would've enticed him and made him my one true love. *g*)

But, what's the deal with the treasure on the UK version? And the arena scene in the US version? And how different are these versions anyway? How come the US one is 784 pgs, and the UK one is 608? And what's the difference between the UK kids and adults versions????? *explodes*

The reason the American version is that much longer is because it has a lot more fancypants artwork (not actual artwork, just on the chapter headers etc), plus the font is slightly bigger.

And the difference between the kids and adults version is... nothing. :P The cover.

I won't be surprised if Dobby ends up being important. In fact, there are quite a few people I assume will end up playing a bigger role than first anticipated. Such as Mundungus Fletcher. Jo never introduces characters like that without having a purpose for them.

Archived