DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So, where are you from?

Maria

I live in the UK.

I was lived in Basingstoke in the county of Hamshire (southern England), which is more commonly known as 'Doughnut City' due to all the roundabouts.

Then I moved to Monmouth, a small and sleepy town in Wales just on the border. Monmouth is famous for having one of three remaining fortified bridges in Europe.

bridge.jpg

Another few facts for the town include the fact that the castle in the town was the birthplace for King Henry V (reigned 1413-1422), who defeated the French at the Battle of Agincourt. There is a statue of him in the main square. Charles Rolls (of Rolls-Royce) fame has some link with the town, as does Lord Nelson. Oh, and we have that great 'historian', Geoffrey of Monmouth.

However, I am now a student, and study in London. And I won't bore you with facts about London! lol!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gulf Coast Area of Mississippi (a mile off of the not so pretty water)

I was born Denver, CO and haven't see the mountains for over 17 years.

Lived in a dinky little down in Central New York 10 years (tho mostly was in college during those 10 years)

Spent 4 years on Long Island in New York.

Been in MS for almost 3 years now

I don't recommend my dinky "home town" in New York, but if you like Baseball the Baseball Hall of Fame, in Cooperstown, NY, is 30 mins from my parents house.

Mat

I currently live in a tiny college town called Jacksonville, AL. Not much to see here. We have a college. <_<

My parents house, where I mostly grew up, is about 30 minutes away in Gadsden, AL. Not MUCH more to see there, but it's definitely a lot more exciting there, somehow. We at least have a massive Wal-mart!

However, I was born and partly grew up in New Orleans, LA. And I'm always very, very homesick for there and love going back. I highly recommend visiting there, because it's the coolest place on earth. *nods*

Well I was born in Hong Kong but I've lived in Plymouth since I was 2 though more specifically I live in a village outside Plymouth. Plymouth is famous for the Mayflower, the Pilgrim Fathers and the biggest aquarium in the UK. My village is quite big with 2,000 people and Old Mother Hubbard's Cottage for those of you who know the Nursery Rhyme. Also the Lord and Lady of my village are called Lord and Lady B*****d. Which is 100% true. ;)

Also, you have a really old mailbox in your village, non? And the giant prawn!

There are so many Californians here. And a lot more Brits than I thought.

Now where are the rest of you Europeans? And are there really no Asians? Africans?

I hail from the depths of the great south land' date='

a little bit of paradise we call the pine rivers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Rivers_Shire,_Queensland

specificaly Albany creek home of the Veronicas and Pat Rafter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albany_Creek%2C_Queensland

and WE have the best weather :P[/quote']

Best weather? Pesha. :wink:

I'm from Trinidad & Tobago. For those of you who don't know where that is, they're the southernmost isles of the Caribbean.

You should visit because we have great weather, decent beaches (we're no Bahamas, though), Carnival (we give Brazil a run for their money as the best Carnival in the world) and some very pretty scenery. We have mountains, waterfalls, beaches as previously mentioned and a vast array of tropical life.

For anyone interested in cricket, Brian Lara's from Trinidad (my hometown, actually).

I belong to Canada, too (Toronto). And I currently live in Romania.

Well as it turns out I'm not far from Demandred. I live in Brisbane, State capital and third biggest city in Australia. And we do have the best weather. :D

I'm originally from Tamworth in NSW, known as the Country Music Capital (which I hate, go figure).

But I say you should all come to Australia and visit Queensland, it is paradise here! World renowned beaches, it's always warm (or sweltering in summer), food and shopping is great, and the locals are all extremely good looking and friendly 8)

Meadow Creek BC, Canada. Another boring place. 9 hours from Calgary, 9 hours from Vancouver, 5 hours from the American border. I'm right in the middle of the Selkirk mountains, really beautiful scenery. Too bad it rains a lot.

>.>

<.<

Viva La Canada!!!!!!

Guest Far Dareis Mai

I hail from Midland, Michigan. I've been living here with my husband for about 4 years now. The most notable thing about here is this is where the Dow Jones Corp. began.

I went to college in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Very interesting place to visit. Very diverse city. And there is UofM Football ;)

I grew up in Erie, Michigan; about 3 miles from the Ohio Border. It's a small village that boasts of only several hundred people. I grew up on a farm. :)

Larmie totally forgot to mention that Helsinki will be home to the Eurovision Song Contest on May 12th 2007.

Helsinki is conicidentally my second favourite capital city name. Right after Rekjavik ;)

True. :lol: We're just still amazed that we actually won the Eurovision... I never thought to live such a day. :D

Reykjavik is an amazing capital city name! *nodnod*

Archived