DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Green Ajah Warrior Event] Recognizing DM's Own Warriors

Dar'Jen Ab Owain

• RP - LEGACY

It is important to recognize those who chose to serve their country. As DM is comprised of an international community, we represent various countries. We would like to take the moment to acknowledge those of our community who have served in their country's military.

My father was in the United States Army. When I graduated high school I tried to enlist, but due to medical restrictions, I was unable to. I would like to recognize my father and his service.

If you have served, please let us know. If there is someone in your family, a parent, spouse, child, who served, feel free to take this opportunity to recognize them as well.

We thank you for your dedication and service to your country. We would not be the community we are without you.

My son served for 6 years and he did serve in combat. He was in the Air Force and had a particular specialty (non medic) that  helped save the lives of his fellow military members. It was difficult for him at times. I am proud of him.

My father served in both WWII and Korea. The direction of the world was at stake then and that generation answered the call. I am proud of his service and sacrifice.

All my uncles served in either Vietnam or Korea.  Only my dad didn't go for medical reasons.  So thankful that each of them made it back.  Can't imagine what my life would be without each of them and how they've influenced my life.

Shad, thank you.  It may have just been another job for you but for most people you made a huge sacrifice by doing it and we owe you and are thankful for that sacrifice.

I know a freind who served in Afghanistan. I knew him before he joined the military and watched his progess. He wrnt through something on one of his deployments that he never fully disclosed with me but from what i peiced together he was in a vehicle which was in an explosion and he lost hearing in one ear. He was able yo come home. I am not sure but I always got the feeling that a good number of his friends had fatal injuries.

We went seperate ways for a number of years but I met up with him again about 2 years ago and he seems much his old self. Hearing hasn't returned but his spirit has and thats the important part.

My father served in the Navy in WW2. He was honorably discharged.

My Uncle also served int he Navy in WW2 as a pilot, he went on to serve in Korea and Vietnam as well and retired from the Navy at age 62 as a Lt. Commander.

My cousin was killed in Iraq serving in the Army.

My other cousin serves in the Air Force as a pilot, he is a Captain. He has had 3 tours in Iraq, 2 in Afghanistan. He mostly flies helicopters for med-evac. He is currently stationed in S. Korea.

My younger cousin just joined the Army and returned from her first deployment in S. Korea and is now stationed in TX. 

• RP - LEGACY

Thank you all for sharing those in your life who have served, as well as those of you who have served.

There are certain aspects of my father's time in the army he will not talk about. When he does talk about it, it is often about his interaction with comrades and the chain of command. He tries to focus on the "lighter side" of his time abroad. There are certainly aspects to service, especially combat experience, that many cannot or do not share, as it is difficult to relate it to those who were not there, and experienced it for themselves.

If there are others who have served, or you wish to recognize, please do so.

• Club Leader

My father served in WWII also. I know he shared some things with my mother, but he never, and I mean never, spoke about it to us kids. I do know that he was an orderly in a hospital, rather than on the front lines. That's all I know. 

My father served in WWII also. I know he shared some things with my mother, but he never, and I mean never, spoke about it to us kids. I do know that he was an orderly in a hospital, rather than on the front lines. That's all I know. 

I don't remember a night during my childhood that my father did not wake up screaming from nightmares. He never spoke much about it. I have a sister who is 12 years older than I am. She told me about a year ago that he saw his best friend's head blown off and the scars all over his legs were from shrapnel.

• Elgee locked this topic