DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A decision about mafia

Verbal32

Seeing as how I'm getting a ton of heat for my policy of allowing the Social Groups to "police themselves" when it comes to drama within mafia games not on the main board, I've decided to take a firm stance that I unfortunately must extend to all relevant Social Groups (ones that host games).

Until further notice, no mafia games are to be played outside of the dedicated main mafia board.  The reason is, I have a usergroup set up that I can restrict people from playing mafia as needed without impacting their ability to partake it other aspects of DM.  This is only in place on the main board due to how sub-boards work and how access controls work on the site.

I apologize if this negatively impacts upcoming games, and I am happy to work with those upcoming mods to slot them in on the mafia board queue so that they may run their games more quickly then just being added to the bottom.  I'll use date stamps for game announcements/PMs if needed just in case there are issues.

With the control (via usergroups) I can exert on the main board, the hope is that we can re-build a solid & cohesive mafia community again and then perhaps expand it to the Social Groups at some point.  If there are any questions, please let me know.

~Verb

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great we'll attract even less people to this social group. Awesome plan! *two thumbs up*

People that came only for mafia weren't really staying and participating in normal discussion longer than a few weeks anyway, so it doesn't have much of an effect.

the group. i'd see most recent posts and it says mafia and i kinda just scroll by. i dont have anything against them, i just dont get it. not the kind of interaction i'm looking for so i just kinda breeze by. 

Great we'll attract even less people to this social group. Awesome plan! *two thumbs up*

Looks like we will have to come up with something else. Verb is right, those who came for mafia only played the game and left.

It's the only thing i do here ;-)

Bye i guess? Lol

Nyn, you're looking for shameless flirting? Let me get Ed back here more consistently, I got you covered.

Always  :wink:   Though I'm not sure how I feel about ed flirting.

Where is that furball?

I imagine he's been drinking too much lol

Afraid of some competition?

Can I ask what kind of interaction you might be looking for? As a newer member this is good info for us.

something that shows me what this group is about? direction. each social group so far has its own identity and i struggle to really grasp this one you know? its dominated activity has been mafia games it seems, which makes it feel a bit like a club for mafia players. which is fine if thats what you want. 

personally i'm at this site for social interaction, for new friendships, discussion, nerding out about WoT. to embrace each aspect of the world and the world here that appeals to me. i personally dont get mafia, tress tried to explain it to me and it just doesnt appeal. so the friendships and interaction that stem from it eludes me. and while as an aspect of this social group is fine i'm looking for more WoT based things, more interaction more Shayol Ghulness. like the Black ajah, the dreadlord the shadowspawn, there could be so much done with those. but there's no direction to them. you get points at random which is fine, but how do you join the factions? is there things that each faction does thats unique to them? are there wars between them? are there different stages? how do you get there?  

i get that groups go through phases of activity, it just happens. but as someone new, who  isnt into mafia games, and thats pretty much all the action you see, you start to think you need to participate in those in order to fit in. so you just.....dont.