DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My day was great today, because...

Today is GOING to be great, because...

I get to see my husband today! Segurant has been in Birmingham, Alabama since Tuesday and I miss him terribly. I just can't sleep without his obnoxious snoring. :shock:

my day is great because it's FRIDAY and it's the start of the new F1 Grand Prix season and we got Satelite TV this week so i can ACTUALLY watch 1st, 2nd and 3rd practice sessions and the quallies and the actual grand prix AND it's in australia so i get to do all that in the middle of the night !

btw, Kathana, I read an article the other day about a teacher in the USA who brings her dog to class and has her pupils read to the dog. Apparently the kids feel less embarrased reading to a dog rather than to a person. It's encouraged them to read more, too ... this seems like a good idea in my book !

Wow, Kat, I can remember back when you were just graduating and when you got your job. Is it still the same job? And glad to hear the hubby is coming home, I always miss mine when he's gone, why is that? lol

Shiaine

Old-timer returned

• 2 months later...

I meant to post this earlier this week.

I got my students CRCT scores earlier this week. The CRCT is Georgia's big, stupid, scary high stakes standardized test that we took back in April. 100 percent of my sixth graders passed in the subjects I teach. 92 percent of my seventh graders passed in the subjects I teach. I was absolutely amazed, especially since I'm not certified for two of the subjects I teach and have been sort of winging it all semester.

I updated my resume to include this, of course.

Well first off I woke up today and wasnt in Maryland, that always starts my days off well. However, I got to spend the afternoon chatting with a few of my favorite people on MSN, so that really made my day. And now i get to go to my weekly D and D game...Life is good!

Well first off I woke up today and wasn’t in Maryland' date=' that always starts my days off well. [/quote']

Yeah, I woke up not in MD either, but then had to drive there for work. But the bright side is I woke up!!

That and everyday is excellent for the simple fact that I have a loving wife, three wonderful (albeit trying) children, and I no longer have to wonder when I'll next be deployed to some foreign country and have to worry about things exploding or people actively trying to kill me.

Yes, life is good!

Well first off I woke up today and wasn’t in Maryland' date=' that always starts my days off well. [/quote'] But won't you missed steamed crabs?

Yeah, I woke up not in MD, too, but then had to drive there for work. But the bright side is I woke up!!

That and everyday is excellent for the simple fact that I have a loving wife, three wonderful (albeit trying) children, and I no longer have to wonder when I'll next be deployed to some foreign country and have to worry about things exploding or people actively trying to kill me.

Yes, life is good!

• 2 weeks later...

I AM TWO DAYS AWAY FROM MY 3 MONTH SUMMER BREAK!

*grins and dances around*

My room is now officially ready to close up for the summer.

All that's left is my permanent records and putting report cards int he mail! *grins*

Technically, this was yesterday, but I was out celebrating and having a good time, my my second year university exams are finally finished! It's been a month, they've been drawn out and dragged, but they are finally over...until next year! :lol:

Today was great because...

...IT'S OFFICIALLY MY SUMMER BREAK!

Oh, it gets better.

This summer break will be a nice LONG one, since I don't have to even think about school 'til the last week of August! The first day of school isn't 'til September 5th! *grins*

I'm nearly giddy and I think I lost 30 pounds driving home, just feeling the weight off my shoulders! *grins*

Archived