DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Too Sober

LedZepMan

Google sleep hygiene and start doing that stuff. I wouldn't recommend reading or anything that makes your brain work, or your eyes.

OTC sleep aids like diphenhydramine work but aren't very good for you. Alcohol counterintuitively makes it harder to sleep.

The weird tea, sleepytime, with the bears on it, actually works some but barring that...

Close your eyes and construct a very quiet, dark happy place. The mental image should be quiet and dark, like nighttime forest, beach, cave, whatever. Take something peaceful from a favorite book of movie and live there in your mind. Sometimes works quicker than others.

The room should be dark, but you may sleep better with white noise, like a fan, than in silence.

And if you don't sleep tonite you probably will tomorrow.

Sweet dreams.

Well, it wasn't that I was unconcious. Not quite that bad.

But yeah, it's not good to drink that much before going to bed, just to sleep well. Do it every day and you're an alcoholic.

That said, I never noticed anything adverse from consuming some alcohol.

There are some good apps out there. My daughter used a mindfulness app that helped her go to sleep for a while. 

But you shouldn´t take advise from me, since I´m starting to think that I´m a real zombie now. Sleep, oh lovely sleep... 

Melatonin works really well for me... I know a lot of people who have tried it and say it doesn't help them a bit, though.

It works in about half an hour for me, I'll get a little bit sleepy - the kind of sleepy you can push through and stay awake if you want to, but if you give in to it and go to bed, you realize that you really can sleep.

If I let myself run out (or forget to bring it with me on vacation), I'll start to notice within a couple of days that I don't really get tired at a decent time of night, and if I try to go to bed early it takes me half of forever to drift off to sleep.

Close your eyes and construct a very quiet, dark happy place.

This.

Maybe not even a happy place. Just a nothingness place.

Fidget until you are 100% comfortable and don't settle for a position you know you'll shift out of five minutes later. Think about a big empty nothingness. If any part of your mind roams anywhere else tell it to shut up and think about a big empty nothingness too. Usually has me out within about two minutes of laying down.

Melatonin works really well for me... I know a lot of people who have tried it and say it doesn't help them a bit, though.

It works in about half an hour for me, I'll get a little bit sleepy - the kind of sleepy you can push through and stay awake if you want to, but if you give in to it and go to bed, you realize that you really can sleep.

If I let myself run out (or forget to bring it with me on vacation), I'll start to notice within a couple of days that I don't really get tired at a decent time of night, and if I try to go to bed early it takes me half of forever to drift off to sleep.

I have found that melatonin can be helpful, too. I take it when I work my two graveyard shifts, to help me sleep through the day.

Close your eyes and construct a very quiet, dark happy place.

This.

Maybe not even a happy place. Just a nothingness place.

Fidget until you are 100% comfortable and don't settle for a position you know you'll shift out of five minutes later. Think about a big empty nothingness. If any part of your mind roams anywhere else tell it to shut up and think about a big empty nothingness too. Usually has me out within about two minutes of laying down.

I do something similar, sort of. I think "My feet are relaxed. My feet are relaxed," and feel the tension leaving them. They get heavier on the bed. Then I think, "My calves are relaxed. My calves are relaxed," and I feel the tension leaving them. I usually start having half-dreamy thoughts long before I get to my shoulders, but if not, I just start over again, and sometimes move more slowly, in more detail, like adding ankles, and shins, and knees, and waist, hips, buttocks, whatever. It almost always works for me.

Is vitamin c and whiskey a good combination?

Does it taste good? No. I mean the whiskey does. Not those nasty vitamins. I dislike oranges (and most fruit), so I take it in capsule form.

Whiskey goes great with everything when your 12+ hours outside in below 0 weather. It goes good with a sandwich, or a cigarette, or even a tumble down the mountain. Warms ya up a bit, and gets the blood pumping.

Science says that's wrong, but it works for me!

• RP - LEGACY

You should give fruit a chance. It can be tasty.

Not had much whiskey. On occasion. Oddly enough, now that I think of it, it usually was in the winter. Usually with my husband, oh well, that's a whole other story now, and I'm guessing a part of my past.

And moving on....

Wait a minute. You're supposed to be trying to get rid of cigarettes, right? Need to replace that cigarette with something else. And something safer than tumbling down a mountain.