DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week: Defense against the Dark Arts

Cross

ZnSuHPP.gif

It's time to face your fears and find your RIDDIKULUS! That's right, it's time to banish some boggarts. This is a game that anyone can play and join in - at any time. Think of 'This beats That' - with a comedic twist and you won't be far wrong. Each player will banish the previous boggart and then create a new boggart for the next player to deal with. Don't forget to use the Riddikulus charms and your bestest wand!

You enter the classroom to find a new teacher and a mostly empty room. The only item of furniture is a large wardrobe.

Hello! I'm Cross and due to an unexpected turn of events, I'm your new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts. In this class we'll be learning how to banish boggarts. It's quite simple, you just have to be confident and change the boggart using magic and will power. We'll be using the Riddikulous charm to do this. Let me demonstrate.

I just need to unlock the wardrobe ...

Alohomora!

*waves wand*

Out of the wardrobe springs a giant hound! It's teeth look super sharp and it's not happy at all. 

Riddikulus!

The hound becomes a cute puppy. It looks up and tips its head adorably.

Got it? OK, Let's get the next student up here.

As the next student approaches, the puppy changes into a giant troll, it's holding a large club which it raises menacingly. Growling, the club begins its downstroke ...

---

So the next player will start by using the Riddikulus charm on the previous posters' scary Boggart (in this case the troll) and transform it into something harmless. Don't forget to then create a new scary boggart for the next student. Feel free to illustrate your ideas, but please use spoiler tags for large images and post warnings for flashing images.

GO!

Have fun! 

Edited by Adella
Troll defeated!!

A troll. At least it isn't a cave troll, but no one wants to have that disgusting thing about so lets see...

RIDDIKULUS!!

AND IT TRANSFORMED INTO 

il_570xN.566085558_mnav.jpg

but after a while I noticed it transformed again into...

800x819.jpeg

Oh no. It's a Basilisk

(btw awards may or may not be given at the end for funniest switch ups, and these are great!) 

You're all doing well so far but who's stepping up to Un-Pennywise this thing?

*gives the scorpion a bit of a boost* 

6028f5df74830c10e1b298ee8bb8855c.jpg

now be quick and decisive class! someone step up before it randomly stabs someone!

Edited by Adella
Troll defeated!!

You are very good at puppies. they have both been very cute. 

Quick get me two tons of milk chocolate and bake me up a 100 foot square graham cracker. Nevermind...

RIDDIKULUS!!!

mini_squish_smore_7_design.jpg

The world's biggest S'more :smile:

It didn't stay that way for long however... Soon it turned into 

AlienCovenant_Trailer2.jpg

Good thing I wore my brown pants :unsure: 

That... thing.... is staring at me :unsure:  Is its saliva dangerous?  I'm afraid I may get paralyzed if it drools on me.

Steeling myself against panic, I raise my wand and focus on conquering the alien.

RIDDIKULUS!

And with a POOF!, the slavering beast is replaced with a different sort of alien.

tumblr_n72i77ezkF1qcjzvuo1_500.gif

With a flourish, I tuck my wand back into my robes and turn with a confident nod.

Unfortunately, as I return to my seat, the temperature in the room plummets dramatically, and a piercing cry like the cracking of ice rings out from my back.

white-walker-gif.gif

Oh, heavens! What a terrifying fish!

RIDDIKULUS!

The shark turns into a bristlenose peco.

Bristlenose-Pleco-279x300.png

But not for long . . . suddenly, it turns into . . . 

A Hungarian Horntail

119142.jpg

That looks like something Voldemort would wear!

RIDDIKULUS!

The Boggart suddenly turns into  . . .

scary-voldemort-unicorn.jpg

Oh, no!  It's just changed again . . . Into a . . .

5939f34b6341fc21c1e0a589f8ae7822--classi