DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Week - Dumbledore's Army Mafia Game Thread [GAME OVER-MAFIA WINS]

Adella

Welcome to

Dumbledore's Army

0kCeEWw.gif

It seems that you, too, are upset with the tyrannical rule of Professor Dolores Umbridge, and would like to learn how to fight back. Excellent! This is just the place for that! First, let's check out our secret clubhouse fort lair. The Room of Requirement lets us come and go as we please, giving us everything we need to practice our spells.

g8gXZ0K.jpg

vfd1gHf.png

Now, this room has to remain a secret, because she has gathered her own Inquisitorial Squad, whose only mission is to find us out. It's alright, don't worry, we have developed our own method off communication so we know when to gather *reaching into my pocket I pull out what looks like a galleon... but upon further inspection, it has some strange markings on it. The symbol of the DA!*

bI1xoxs.jpg

With that, you pocket your coin and join in on the practice. This is harder work than you first imagined, but it feels good to go actual magic again, outside of Umbridge's ban on casting actual spells. As time goes by, everyone in the DA seems to be moving along well with their practice, and we all have a firm grasp on at least the basics of each spell.

It wasn't destined to last though....

It was a normal day of practice, or so it seemed, but there was something ominous in the air today.

Just as someone cast "reducto!" a booming crash sounded throughout the room, and the safely barred door splintered. We don't know how, but they have found us.

As the door was rammed again, a hole opened up in the floor, dropping everyone into a tunnel that took us deep beneath the castle.

The Room of Requirement was trying to save us!!

Landing all in a heap at the bottom of this winding tunnel, in the belly of the castle where it seemed no one had been for years, Harry Potter

stood up and announced, "someone has betrayed us!" With that, everyone jumped to their feet and started looking suspiciously

at those who minutes ago had been your most trusted of friends. Unfortunately, no one was wearing a sign that read

!!!!TRAITOR!!!!

We were going to have to use other means to find out who among us was working for Umbridge. In the mean time, we need to explore this place...

Edited by Adella

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROSTER:

1. Turin Turambar - Angelina Johnson, Town - Killed N3
2. Lessa Nikia
3. ed2funy - Katie Bell, Town - Lynched D2
4. Elgee
5. Rhea
6. Devil's Advocate
7. Verbal32 - Ginny Weasley, Town - Lynched D3
8. LedZepMan - Colin Creevey, Town - Lynched D4
9. Gentled Ben (m: Nyn) - Neville Longbottom, Town - Killed D1
10. dicetosser1 - Seamus Finnigan, Town - Killed N1
11. Dar'Jen Ab Owain
12. Darthe - Harry Potter, Town - Lynched D1
13. Daruya - Dean Thomas, Town - Killed N2
14. charis sedai

SET-UP:

This game is semi-open.  There are 11 vanilla town and 3 mafia goons.  Various powers can be won in the process of exploring the mini-game dungeon.  (See next post for details.)

Days will be 48 hours and nights will be 24.  Mafia can communicate via QT at all times. Posting in the thread is only allowed during day phases.

The player with the most votes at deadline will be lynched.  In the case of a tie, the lynch will be randomized between the leading wagons.

If all powers are unlocked, the game will become Hybrid Hammer.  This means that the phase will end if majority is reached on a player; otherwise, the above rule applies to determine the lynch.

RULES:

1. Do not discuss the game outside of the game thread and mod-designated channels.

2. You may not edit or delete posts in the game thread for any reason at any time.

3. You may not link, post screenshots of, or directly quote your role PM, mod communication, or any other game-related communication that originated outside of the game thread.

4. Do not discuss intentions to sub out of the game. Contact the moderators privately if you need a replacement and leave it at that.

5. Do not discuss conversations with the moderators.

6. You are expected to behave civilly.  Please be especially attentive to this.  This is the White Tower's only Mafia game each year, and it needs to remain as drama-free as possible.

7. You may claim whatever you like. The Mafia have randomly assigned fake claims.

Edited by Shad_

You have plunged into a lost extension of the Room of Hidden Things, filled with ancient treasure.  You may use the spells at your disposal to explore the chamber before you and harvest its treasures, but beware the traitors in your midst.

List of Spells:

Accio - summons an object within sight to the group's location
Alohomora - unlocks doors and chests
Bombarda - creates a small explosion
Confundo - causes the target to become confused and befuddled
Finitie Incantatem - terminates all spell effects in the vicinity of the caster
Lumos - creates a narrow beam of light that shines from the wand's tip
Protego - protects the group from minor to moderate jinxes, curses, and hexes
Reparo - reassembles a shattered object
Silencio - silences a target
Wingardium Leviosa - levitates, moves, and manipulates distant targets

Each player may cast one spell per day phase.  Spells are cast in thread in the form of spell name: target.  The target must be something within the exploration flavor.  The appropriate course of action was not intended to be ambiguous, but you should still read the text carefully before casting to avoid misuse.  You are not set on a path.  Any player may target any new obstacle.

Any loot received through this process will not be publicly revealed, though the recipient will be known.  Players are free to claim, lie, or remain silent about what they have received.

Edited by Shad_

Progression:

The path before you is shrouded in darkness.

-----------------------------

Day 1:

#7 the doors are revealed

#10 Slytherin path opened

#13 Slytherin left path progression

#17 Slytherin left path progression

#47 Slytherin left path progression

#49 Slytherin right path progression

#59 Slytherin left path completed

#68 Slytherin right path completed

#76 Hufflepuff path opened

#80 Hufflepuff short path complete

#116 Hufflepuff long path progression

#148 Hufflepuff long path progression

#182 Hufflepuff long path complete

#228 Gryffindor path opened

Day 2:

#354 Gryffindor short path complete

#357 Gryffindor long path progression

#445 Gryffindor long path progression

#447 Gryffindor long path complete

#491 Ravenclaw path opened

#492 Ravenclaw right path progression

#495 Ravenclaw right path complete

#499 Ravenclaw left path progression

Day 3:

#620 Ravenclaw left path progression

#665 Ravenclaw left path progression

#672 Ravenclaw left path complete.  All treasures have been unlocked.

Edited by Shad_

It's really dark in here. I can't even see my hand in front of my face, much less look at the rest of you lot suspiciously!  

*fumbles for wand, pulls it out and, holding it in front of her, utters the spell, "LUMOS!"*

It's really dark in here. I can't even see my hand in front of my face, much less look at the rest of you lot suspiciously!  

*fumbles for wand, pulls it out and, holding it in front of her, utters the spell, "LUMOS!"*

Success!

bCcMExy.jpg

Four ornate doors stand before you, each locked tight.

I that green door has a cool looking snake on it. That's where I wanna go.

*waves wand*

Alohamora!

Success!

The Slytherin door creaks and slides open.  You peer inside.

3jf8eun.jpg

To your right, a great pool of water lies before you. You can see a small chest at the far end, just within sight.

MIl5bbx.png

To your left, an angry troll bars your path. :ohmy:

I don't have much time for this right now, as I am at work on my phone, and my boss is still here, but perhaps we can outwit this troll if I lend a quick hand. Spell name: CONFUNDO!

Success!

The troll lumbers off to the corner and begins to pick its ear.

3EFl7SC.png

Beyond it, a seemingly endless magical explosion is irrupting in the middle of the path.  Perhaps it can be dispelled.

I've read them all once. I haven't seen all of the movies, but I think I've seen all but the last two. I thought it was pretty weak until about the fourth book, but then a friend pointed out that the books remain age-appropriate for the characters, that is, as the characters age and mature, so the story matures as well. Seen in that light, the series is cleverly written, but I still didn't enjoy the first couple of books and will skip them if I ever reread the series.

okay Zep, curious as to why you would choose to go into the Slytherin doorway first. Just seems like a wrong choice.  The fact that you are familiar with the source material leads me to question why you would just say "let's go to the baddie's area cause the snake looks cool."  There are possible reasons to go there but I don't really think that the one you gave is very logical.

Side note: 

Probably should have not used up two spells so quickly as well. The one to eliminate the fire might have been an error. I think we might have been better served in using accio to bring the chest to us. gonna wait and see what everyone thinks makes sense.