DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

BT Bonded Mafia [Game thread]

BFG

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get it but it's wrong and we're going to lose.  Niniel is in my top 5 or so players anywhere ever when it comes to my ability to accurately read someone, and I get that it looked like a stupidly easy reason but I stand by it and I want you all to consider that as a sub I was vaguely aware of the game before I joined it.  If I had randed scum, which I didn't, I would have dropped the exact same thoughts that I would have out the gate as a wolf, because they were necessarily honest.  It's not that I was locked in to calling her town based on that, either.  It was the original basis for my read and she has since continued to play exactly how I expect her to as a villager; I've had no cause to think it was anything other than correct.

Zep is a villager or blatantly playing against his wincon.  It's gone way beyond the point of a gambit because he's had a thousand opportunities to break away from it and he hasn't.  There's no reason for him to carry it to this point unless he thinks that by taking himself down now he can hard clear his team mate next phase, and considering people are mixed on Nego or Ley and neither of them are acting to exploit this, that's obviously not the gameplan.

I'm not as sold on Nyn as everyone else.  She does tend to back off of me when she's a wolf because it's worked for her, but I've also never been in a situation wrt her where I am a viable mislynch.  She's capable of producing thoughts that sound good in short sequence and the most notable thing about her scum game in my experience is a lack of stamina in the long haul--something that's not really a factor in a game of this volume.  I think her scum game could shine in this environment and I'm not going to trust her especially when I know she's gunning at a villager.

Niniel's right about Ley's vote on Nego being weird if they're w/w.  I don't know what his approach to bussing is and I do think this is a set-up where D1 bussing could actually win the game.  I think the more instinctive play in that case would be to bus Nego rather than his lover, but going for the lover is the smarter play if you're going to bus in the first place, and Nego's an experienced player who could help cook it up if they're working together.

The joke phase back and forth with Nyn and Nego was just weird because I never really wrapped my head around when/how it transitioned from joking to serious.  I still kind of get the vibe looking at it that Nego was joking all along and Nyn turned it into an actual debate.

Last time I was scum with Nyn I suggested we get into a big fight in the thread because we're known for it as v/v and it could make people read us both town for the wrong reasons, but she largely ignored me, which makes me think she isn't inclined to fake fights with her teammates in general and the Nyn/Nego thing wasn't w/w.

Niniel's right about Ley's vote on Nego being weird if they're w/w.  I don't know what his approach to bussing is and I do think this is a set-up where D1 bussing could actually win the game.  I think the more instinctive play in that case would be to bus Nego rather than his lover, but going for the lover is the smarter play if you're going to bus in the first place, and Nego's an experienced player who could help cook it up if they're working together.

I never voted Nego. Nini was talking about my vote on her (Nini).

So basically what happened with the Leelou vote and unvote (no reason to not explain stuff now as we already know Nyn and me are lovers) is that I noticed them calling each other lovers. As I knew Nyn was my lover (obviously), I figured that there might be a very slim chance that they were joking around with the truth (also thinking about, for example, in the game I modded, Nyn straight up saying she was scum page 1, when she was) where they had (both) messed up their lover QT and the mafia QT in their head, as the game had only just started. The chance for that is very small, I am aware, but if it had been true, it would have solved the game on page 3 or something like that. Shortly after the vote, Nyn said something in the QT. I don't remember what it was, but she did not refer to the vote, which made me think that I was, as was really to be expected, wrong, so I unvoted again.

As I said earlier, a very small chance to gain a lot of information, but I unvoted when I knew I wouldn't get anything from it (after all, Nyn wouldn't at once start reacting to it after that point).

You could easily check your QT for what Nyn said.

"As I said earlier, a very small chance to gain a lot of information, but I unvoted when I knew I wouldn't get anything from it"

You saw other people in the thread though that had not commented on the vote yet. You kept the vote there for only half an hour and didn't give Leelou the chance to see it. I get that you say it was a test to see Nyn's reactions but reaction tests as whole effectively test the reactions of multiple people, such as the one you vote as well as others who react or don't react to it.

Okay. That is my case on why Shad and Nego are mafia. Now I have noticed this because it has to do with my spot so now I will go and look for other possible connections. 

Just because Shad has defended me does not make me mafia if he is one. I doubt wolves would be that obvious to their buddies - and seeing my role card I know it to be the case.

I've also already explained why I wanted to give Shad some time but you didn't quote it. It's because I've played a game with Shad and Nyn where Sooh, Shad and I formed a strong villa core. We basically dominated the game, lynching wolves left and right. I wanted to see if I saw the same Shad here which is why I wanted to give him more time than what he had after replacing another player so late to D1.

I don't attack subs if I know they can be important for the town.

Honestly i think i should seperate things as it were. What i did that ticked nego off is not really alignment indicative and i shouldn't let it sway me. At the end of the day i do feel like he tried to shade me irt my contributions and generally didnt react well to me poking around.

Already said it was my bad and I retracted that statement. I hadn't re-read you at that point and since the panty discussion got really heated between us, it was all that I could think of which made me unable to focus on anything else you said, effectively invalidating your other posts in my head. If I were trying to shade you I would have done a better job at it and actually used your posts as evidence.

Nego's gone quiet and it's probably because he's content with where this phase is headed.

I went quiet because I went to see the new Spider-man movie last night and got home late enough for me to get swamped with mod duties before heading to bed.

It's a good movie btw. I like it. Just longer than I thought.

I'm not as sold on Nyn as everyone else.  She does tend to back off of me when she's a wolf because it's worked for her, but I've also never been in a situation wrt her where I am a viable mislynch.  She's capable of producing thoughts that sound good in short sequence and the most notable thing about her scum game in my experience is a lack of stamina in the long haul--something that's not really a factor in a game of this volume.  I think her scum game could shine in this environment and I'm not going to trust her especially when I know she's gunning at a villager.

Based on what that lover pair has said about the reaction test, I'd say Ley is wolfier than Nyn.

So basically what happened with the Leelou vote and unvote (no reason to not explain stuff now as we already know Nyn and me are lovers) is that I noticed them calling each other lovers. As I knew Nyn was my lover (obviously), I figured that there might be a very slim chance that they were joking around with the truth (also thinking about, for example, in the game I modded, Nyn straight up saying she was scum page 1, when she was) where they had (both) messed up their lover QT and the mafia QT in their head, as the game had only just started. The chance for that is very small, I am aware, but if it had been true, it would have solved the game on page 3 or something like that. Shortly after the vote, Nyn said something in the QT. I don't remember what it was, but she did not refer to the vote, which made me think that I was, as was really to be expected, wrong, so I unvoted again.

As I said earlier, a very small chance to gain a lot of information, but I unvoted when I knew I wouldn't get anything from it (after all, Nyn wouldn't at once start reacting to it after that point).

You could easily check your QT for what Nyn said.

"As I said earlier, a very small chance to gain a lot of information, but I unvoted when I knew I wouldn't get anything from it"

You saw other people in the thread though that had not commented on the vote yet. You kept the vote there for only half an hour and didn't give Leelou the chance to see it. I get that you say it was a test to see Nyn's reactions but reaction tests as whole effectively test the reactions of multiple people, such as the one you vote as well as others who react or don't react to it.

I could, and I did. I did not bother comparing time stamps however, and I wasn't certain wheter her first or second gameplay related post in the PM was during the time I was voting Leelou, only that neither actually commented on it.

And yeah, maybe I could've gotten more reactions out by leaving the vote there, but I did not, so we'll have to deal with that.

Okay, I iso´d everyone. Great that it´s a short thread. On the other side, it´s not enough to judge someone of.

Nyn, you don´t have to answer my question. You thought Nego acted unusual for him which could indicate mafia. Right? Don´t know about that.

Leelou, why did you question my vote but didn´t comment on Nyn´s post that sort of agreed with me? 

I could vote Leelou right now. Not because I´m sure that she is mafia but because she is unsure to me. 

On reread right now, the bolded stuck out to me.

What did you mean by this, Nini?

Okay, notes from re-read:

LedZepMan - Had an alright start but have to say him taking my early Ben comment seriously does not bode well. Posts from yesterday were good though.

Niniel - I like Niniel's posting from today. Shows that she's thinking. Early game wasn't hot but today's been good.

Gentled Ben - Seems relaxed in his first game which makes me think he's a villager for now.

Leelou - Helped Ben on mechanics but that's always an easy way for the wolves to look like they are contributing. I like her questioning on Niniel about her Ben vote.

Leyrann - Odd reaction test (Leelou vote) that lasted for 30 minutes and had no results. Odd progression when explaining it. He said his lover told him he would get nothing out of the reaction test which seems iffy.

Nynaeve - Focused too much on the joke. Did question Ben and Led though.

Shad - Came to the thread late so can't say much about him yet apart from that his first posts are alright for someone coming late to the party. I know he's a good player though when he's town so I'm not voting him today.

See what I write about Leyrann above, especially the bolded part. It makes me think his lover is potentially mafia with Leelou, who Leyrann tried to test.

I've been operating on the thought that Leyrann acted alone but just noticed he said his lover gave him advice, so I'm retracting my vote.

[/unvote]

Instead I'll vote Leelou because of mechanics talk and the potentiality of her being a wolf with Leyrann's lover.

[v]Leelou[/v]

Just noticed that, in this post, Nego links my lover (back then not yet known) and Leelou together as mafia (and on a faulty reason, that is; I never said my lover told me anything about the reaction test, which also didn't happen). My suspicion is that these are the two v/v teams. Will refer to this in my soon-to-come reads list, but figured it was worth pointing out seperately.

Irt ley's vote and unvote on lee early on, he claimed it was cause i called her lover itt and he thought we might be soft hinting at being on the same team. Which is silly. Lee and i are good friends.

I said in our qt that she seems ok but that if she gets quiet that's a warning sign. He claims what i said there prompted the unvote. I didnt quite get it but eh.

At some point he said in the qt that he was going to 100% trust me. And he's had me as top town itt as you saw. Prolly for self pres since we're lovers.

Someone should check what was shad's take in me and ley. In class so cant check. But shad voting nego makes me think nego/nini are clean cause they need that one last mislynch.

Quoted for future reference, in particular the bolded.

Almost done with reread, both this post and the one with Nego's reads will get a bit more explanation in the reads post.

[flavour]

Leelou has been lynched, she was:

town

Her bonded/lover suicided

Gentled Ben wastown

Kind of off-topic, are we gonna get the flavour?

Yes, will be updated tonight :)

Ftr, ley is my lover.

Q: Did you tell Ley to unvote? If so, why?

Irt ley's vote and unvote on lee early on, he claimed it was cause i called her lover itt and he thought we might be soft hinting at being on the same team. Which is silly. Lee and i are good friends.

I said in our qt that she seems ok but that if she gets quiet that's a warning sign. He claims what i said there prompted the unvote. I didnt quite get it but eh.

At some point he said in the qt that he was going to 100% trust me. And he's had me as top town itt as you saw. Prolly for self pres since we're lovers.

Someone should check what was shad's take in me and ley. In class so cant check. But shad voting nego makes me think nego/nini are clean cause they need that one last mislynch.

Based on this you didn't. Which makes me believe Ley's a wolf here, especially since he insinuated earlier that he unvoted because of you.

Also quoted for (very near) future reference.

Nego now doubts wheter or not Nyn actually told me to unvote and then tries to get a scum read out of it on me by saying I insinuated something that I never insinuated.

This is the start. I was in the lead with two votes. Shad subs in and write this in his third post. Apparently he has skimmed the thread earlier and find it important to say that he thinks that I´m town. In a normal game I would of course be happy about it. But it draw my attention since I feared that it was a way of keeping Nego alive. 

Niniel was my top town read at a super lazy glance earlier so meh @ her being the leading wagon

Niniel was my top town read at a super lazy glance earlier so meh @ her being the leading wagon

Based on?

Tone

OMG! Just realised that it´s only five and a half hour left.

I literally read this and thought "lol well there's one villager".

We'll see when I'm caught up.

I think Shad knows how to read me and later he writes that I post different when mafia (and it´s true) but saying that based on this quote alone? 

I would like to add to this that, at the point where Shad town read Nini, Nini had barely contributed to the game yet. Again, will also feature in my reads list, but I considered it important enough to mention seperately.