DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gray Ajah Midsummer Event: Dinner in the Dark

Killashandra

pq7bQS3.jpg

Welcome, please come right in. Make sure you sign in as a guest before being seated!

I will be your Hostess.

Hiropon.Pj.600.852893.jpg

You might be wondering what this is!

This is going to be a fancy dinner party, with a few twists...

(So please do dress appropriately.)

Once the dinner starts the lights will go out, which means you will be eating in the pitch black, only using your other senses. You will be asked at the end of each course to guess exactly what it is you are eating! Guests must send the hostess a PM containing your guess after each course. One PM conversation will do for all courses.

Ah yes here comes my other staff.

927cea195a66787aba8d8197c01b970322c2cea9

These handsome fellows are here to serve your every need.

Come this way, dinner will be served very soon. As you can see the tables are set.

Dinner-in-the-dark.jpg

Please feel free to mingle and take advantage of the open bar while we wait for more guests to arrive.

*turns around to walk from the dinning hall, pauses and turns back to the assembled guests.*

Ah yes I must inform you of the other twist...

81-iFypyvkqxVO3B.gif

Guests that are correct in their guess are safe. Those who guess incorrectly though, well they will be murdered. Not all of course silly, one for every course and chosen at random.

If you are eliminated you can no longer play the game. Out of the left over guests in the end, a winner will be chosen by who had the most correct guesses. If there is a tie, I will choose the winner by their ability to be a fun, entertaining and or charming dinner companion.

Guest List

Lessa Nikia
JamesBrown
Adella
Elgee
Cross
Sooh
Elaevia
WildTaltos
Cairos

Once you post joining in I will add your name to the guest list and keep it updated as the dinner continues. Guests are able to arrive late and join in. (That locked door is only locked in one direction *cackles*)

Edited by Killashandra

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies you are looking lovely. The picture of perfection, truly.

tsk tsk James you will not do however. 

*snaps fingers*

The handsome waitstaff appear and grab James while another rolls in a wheeled curtain. 

*The potable curtain is rolled away and the waitstaff melt back into the background leaving James the center of attention*

Magnificent_Fitted_Pinstripes_Single_But

Much better!  *claps hands in approval*

*opens her coat and checks the time on her pocket watch*

There is still a little time yet for more guests to arrive. Gentlemen always seem to stroll into these things a little late. 

Ah wonderful, you are all looking dapper.

*snaps fingers a couple of the waitstaff lead Taltos's horse away*

Dinner is served, if you please take your seats.

*leads the guests into the dinning hall and the wait staff helps the ladies seat themselves and place long skirts just so.*

Now before the lights go out I would like you to take a look at your table setting and orient yourself to the location of your glasses and flatware. The table settings are spaced quit far apart so you wont be knocking over another guests drink or anything of that nature.

*pauses for a moment to allow the dinners to absorb their surroundings*

*snaps fingers and the room falls into utter darkness* 

You will the able to see the waitstaff by small glow in the dark pins on their jackets. 

*the waiters serve the first course*

Enjoy!

(clues)

This is just the start of a delightful meal that will be quite the experience (perhaps your last). The first course requires a spoon and is contained in a small ramekin type bowl. When you spoon your first taste the aroma is pleasant and the food is hot. At the first taste it is savory and spiced. With a small nutty undertone of sweet. On the second scoop you find some sort of toasted nut or seed garnish. 

Please PM your guess to the Hostess.

*bonus point if you can pair a wine with your guess*