DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gray Ajah Midsummer Event: A Picnic in Graytville!!!

Cairos

il_570xN.745420650_mos3.jpg

Today is a sunny and beautiful day in the village of Graytville which is located in the Midsomer County. Its a few miles from the Village of Causton where deadly murders have been taking place but we are safe to say that hopefully there will be no murders happening in the village. You can see Cairos moving about in the fields and getting the necessary table settings and food for the picnic that they are about to have for this weeks festival. There will be tons of food and music and fun eventful things to do during the picnic. Cairos channels picnic tables and also picnic blankets on the floors for guests to enjoy themselves.

picnic-table-elegant-summer.jpg

picnic_fathers_day_1177.jpg

Cairos finally got things ready for the picnic to begin. There are a wide variety of food to be served and many cold beverages available. Cairos can't wait to see familiar faces, old faces that he hasn't seen in a while, and also new ones. Cairos starts of a question to the first person who post in this thread.

Cairos question is : "What is your favorite summer picnic beverage and why?

Looks like a nice spread Cairos.

I'm partial to a cider myself.

But recently I've been having elderflower cordial in lemonade, with some citrus fruits and sometimes mint. It's very refreshing.  I had it first at a restaurant a couple of  months ago - I can't remember what they called it now.

That sounds refreshing. At the restaurant that I worked at we used to served mint lemonade. It was so good because instead of sugar we used agave. It's good on a hot summer day.

I love fruit and vodka punch! With tinned crushed pineapple in it :)

We usually have something like that at Christmas or New Year which is Mid-summer by us. Works just as well at a picnic.

It's usually burgers and dogs but the picnics I remember most finely had little Cornish hens cooked indirectly over the coal s in a covered pan on a rack over orange juice with rice stuffing, sweet potatoes cooked till their skins blackened in the coals, slaws and potato and macaroni salad.

We had a lovely pig roast once and while we waited for the pig to roast there were filets marinated in garlic and olive oil served on garlic bread rolls grilled on the fire, and shrimps, and chicken, and on and on.

When I was in high school sometimes we'd sneak out of school and pick up some crackers and cheese and sammiches and a bottle of wine and set out a blanket in Central Park. Those were nice. There were frisbee and things.

Edited by Mrs. Cindy Gill

Pork pies are essential for picnics.

The best ones come from a town called Melton Mowbray. We used to go on day trips there and my dad would divvy out slices with his old pen knife.

As for summer drinks ... I like shandy. That's lemonade and lager (or beer) mixed for those not aware of it. The clear fizzy pop type lemonade.

Apparently I should like Pimms in the summer, as it's a british summer thing, but I don't think I've ever had it.

Sangria is a very nice summery drink. I'm also a big fan of humous and dippy things.

Edited by Ithillian Turambar

I totally agree....its making me hungry as well.

Lets take about dessert? What do people like to bring or eat at picnic that satisfy your sweet tooth?

Mmm humus... Mini meat balls sound good too. What kind of sauce do those usually have?

We would usually have stuff like mustard sauce, or Chimichurri (Argentinian parsley sauce - amazing!!), or just the humus itself.

s'mores if there's a fire. strawberry shortcake. fruit salad. cookies are good.

That's just so weird, to me. A fire at a picnic, I mean. Here a picnic is a cold luncheon on a hot summer's day. If there's a fire, we would be having a Braai (BBQ to you guys).