DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Main Timeline Suggestions, Corrections, Reports.

Taymist

Just what the title says, folks. Make sure you read the whole stickied Timeline thread first. If you

i) spot a discrepancy

ii) have a suggestion on some point

iii) need to report a new RP

iv) are a returning member hitting a timing problem with some event we're unaware of

then please post here to let us know. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I just have a couple >_>

Missing Events:

• "998 NE - False Dragon Dramon Calgar founds the Black Tower in Saldaea." This is listed, but I thought we should add a bullet point for the BT headquarters apparently being moved to Tear when the DR took Callandor. (But in actuality it's secretly near Caemyln). (This is under #32 in the drop down description ~Tay~)
  • The Cleansing. While we at some point started claiming ICly that this occurred, it seems to be missing altogether from the Timeline spreadsheet. I know it was never RPed out, so I think we're free to place it somewhere convienent--it must've been recent because the White Tower just learned of it, right before the Asha'man and Reds' Bonding. Perhaps it should be number #63, and the Bonding should bump up to #64. (Added in as 62b. It probably hadn't been added because the plan had originally been to RP it but that never happened so the info didn't get updated. ~Tay~)

Never RPed Out / RPs Non-Existent? (Yet I can find much older RPs very easily).

• Bowl of the Winds, #60 & 61. The only RPs pertaining to it were that a couple of Sisters were still trying to find the Bowl; nothing was RPed after that; why is it considered concluded? Any chance others can RP this out? [Part 1] [Part 2] [Side Thread]
    • #57. The Windfinder's Secret - 1000 NE (Late). Aes Sedai approach the Sea Folk vessels in Ebou Dar to discuss a possible co-operation concerning the Bowl of Winds... Another Missing/Unknown RP/ Wasn't Actually RPed Out? Should all of this be removed altogether? Or who may Retro RP it? Asking cause I'm very interested in making a Sea Folk character.
  • There is a reference, #58, "Kin: The WT Knows"; I cannot find any RP about this anywhere. A search of Kin characters, including NSWs, resulted in nothing. (Historical reference points included weren't necessarily RP'd out. However, in the case of the Bowl of Winds, what happened was covered under "other things to consider", Point 6 on the main Timeline thread. We had to include some events purely because they had to have happened, in a set order, so that everything else could be worked around concrete timings. All other RP's are open to retro for the relevant RP Groups on the proviso they can satisfy Staff it hasn't already been taken care of and that will actually be completed. Also, finding older threads but not more recent ones doesn't mean much. A lot of threads were lost during forum moves, sometimes only effecting a group of pages on a board, other times involving the loss of entire boards. ~Tay~)

Possible Moves:

• Seanchan take Bandar Eban is listed as #25, but the post where Nana and Elnora encounter the Seanchan in Bandar Eban is #22. I think the Seanchan Invasion should be #20, immediately after #19 "The Eye of the World". (You may be right. I'm looking at this. Not quite sure why it's in the order it is so doing some reading. ~Tay~ Edited to add: Agreed, I've changed it as suggested. Thanks!)
  • #53, the DotNM is kidnapped by Calder & Band. As far as I can tell, this just happened as Seanchan houses are just learning of it, and is not as old as the Timeline might imply. Should it be moved up? (No, it's in the right place. It only happened 3 months ago. I don't know why the houses are only just learning of it, or even if they need to know about it sooner; there wasn't anyone RP'ing the Seanchan since the kidnapping happened so I'd have assumed that whomever needed to know about it, did. ~Tay~)

Also, I have researched extensively about events pertaining to the White Tower, and while my dates don't add up with the Spreadsheet dates at all, I'm 100% confident that everything I have listed is in correct chronological order.. I just removed the dates after Karana's Raising: White Tower Timeline. I think it would be good to add certain things from the WT to the Spreadsheet, such as who was Amyrlin (Raising dates only) as important reference points. (Yes, the lack of adding up was because the people in charge of resolving the discrepancies didn't manage to reach agreement in order to do so at the time our Timeline was being constructed. That meant the WT one wasn't ever included properly. There was also an alternative Timeline that the CotS RGL worked up in conjunction with the WT RGL and others. It had an extra 2 years added in to make the time available slightly longer, which gave those Groups that hadn't had events placed because of such discrepancies, a chance to have everything included. The whole thing was rather a nightmare. I'll see about adding in some dates if I get time. ~Tay~)(Edited to add - I've added in the date the current Amyrlin and Keeper were Raised along with the name of the previous Amyrlin and her death. It doesn't, however, match the WT list in terms of dates. I'm fairly sure Shevara was Amyrlin IC prior to Kandor, the DotNM kidnapping and The Watchers RP).

• 10 months later...

Concerning Annais, I have confirmed from the Watchers RP threads that Annais was still a Gray Sister the entire time, and was only raised after it was concluded. (Even though, OOCly speaking, threads overlap with RL dates) She disappears very soon after being raised Amyrlin. The only significant event I could find for her was her formal recognition of the Black Tower.

The Watchers RP, Bowl of the Winds and Cleansing of Saidin are now listed correctly on the WT Timeline. Kandor RP happened when Sirayn was Amyrlin but she disappears right after.

The only thing I'm really unsure about how is " Rebellion against Aiel in Cairhien." ?

Edited by Jagen Sedai

I've been trawling through the Staff archives trying to find some more details. I've confirmed that Sirayn went missing just before The Watchers RP started, not after its conclusion... and that Annais was Raised at the end of it as result of her success in the proceedings. The events were roughly a month apart ICly.

Further confirmed that Shevara was Raised just prior to the follow up RP where the Reds bond the BT guys as it's her Covai comes to speak to at the WT. It looks like those two events have been combined in the WT timeline but they were two distinct, separate parts; see 55b and 63 on the main PSW Timeline.

I take it with Cairhien you're referring to points 40-41. I suspect those were RP's that took place before the offsites were called back to DM and so we have no record of them. 

Ok. so I have one thread here where Sirayn, as Amyrlin, is specifically talking about the Aiel in Cairhien. She's sending her Sisters who are part of the Order of the Rose to fetch forkroot from a supplier at the Rashad Ranch.

HERE

and another Band RP where Quib's character refers to the Band fighting alongside the DR and his Aiel at Cairhien.

HERE

Both from 2006 so yeah, those actual RP's if they happened will have been on offsites likely.

I remember that Arinth was in the battle between the BoTRH and the Aiel. I was pretty new back then so I wasn't really part of the planning but I do remember that it happened. I am also fairly positive that it was on the old DMPSW forum instead of the forum here on dragonmount. The RP would have been early 2006 at the latest.

Thanks, Arinth. A few of the oldest threads I discovered, from the 2006 era, were clearly reposts of completed RP's so I assumed they were being transferred from offsites and that's where any missing ones would be.  I didn't start to RP until late 2006/early 2007 so I've never RP'd anywhere else but I do recall Owen telling me about the other boards.

My understanding is that Jarron is still based in Cairhien so although the Aiel are no longer an occupying force per se, they'll be in the vicinity. I've been trying to establish locations for each of the various Groups but it's a lot of reading. I'm time limited for the next 4 weeks due to work which means very slow going.

Right, @Jagen Sedai :smile: update time again. I've renumbered the events on the main Timeline properly and inserted the One Last Stand RP at No.45. I've also moved about the events with Sirayn, Annais and Shevara becoming or ceasing to be Amyrlin. It should be pretty close to the White Tower timings now. That seems to hit all the important recent RP's and Raisings. 

Also I found the Aiel RP's... it was the Laman's Legacy series, you can find the search result HERE.

The Prologue is HERE.

Also managed to confirm that currently there are Aiel in Cairhien with Jarron, in the Two Rivers area because of the Alliance and the fact that apparently that's where Barin (Perrin) is currently supposed to be, (rebuilding in the aftermath of the trolloc attacks), and also in Caemlyn from when Jarron freed Andor from Rahvin's rule. 

Very nice. I noticed the Aiel Master Thread is reposted to give a link to the website (I think? Did I ever create a placeholder thread?). Anyway I was hoping to gather Aiel RPs too and list them for anyone who might be interested. Is it possible to update the Aiel website or no?

Edited by Jagen Sedai

I don't think so. It's on Myst's hosting and, although I used to have access, I don't think I do now. It can either be added to the Wikia or updated here on the boards. 

I created the Master Thread following the format you'd used for the SF and SC. Seemed sensible to have one for every Guild and Group in the Freelanders. And I needed somewhere to stick information as I found it. Feel free to create a new thread if that's easier for you in editing terms and I can delete mine and pin yours.

I'd gather information first and  just send it to you., but having the format ready is a big help. Alternatively, I could probably also make a PM to you with the same format, and just keep editing it there until it's finished and let you know when it is (I don't think you'd get notified every time I edit it). If you want me to take on this project I will.  ^-^ You seem busy with other things.

I am more than delighted to let you deal with these overviews. They're incredibly useful and it's something I really don't have time to do just now, at least not in a way to be thorough and do them justice. I'm trying to focus my time on the global overview stuff so that when people ask questions we all have the answers or can at least point folks in the right direction. I'm very tempted to call you my Librarian and give you mod status... *looks hopeful*

*smiles brightly* I would love that. It would really be helpful with certain threads, like if I need to add something to the Atha'an Miere thread (which coincidentally I do). And I already edit/update the White Tower webpage. I actually meant to ask you if I can update myself as the webmistress on the Staff page, but would I technically be staff, or no?  I just LOVE doing research and finding all the things! Also, I love decorating, too XD

Yes, you're most definitely staff. You'll have moderator status across the entire RP and you'll be answerable only to me. You can most certainly update the website with your name, you're the one doing the work! If you hit any problems with what you can do or can't do as moderator, let me know.

• Arie unpinned this topic