Hey, anyone remember me?

dawnflower8

Pretty close then. For me it's roughly this order, I'd say:

Grand Parade

And Then There Was Silence

Wheel of Time

Somewhere Far Beyond

The Ninth Wave

Sacred Worlds (up to here feels like the big six)

At the Edge of Time

Doom (bonus track on Beyond the Red Mirror, check it out if you don't know it)

Theatre of Pain

And after that I don't know anymore. If we're talking live, Valhalla and The Bard's Song are right up there in the top.

I always liked their newer albums more, but recently I've also gotten into their older albums (they're a bit harder to listen to, so to say) and now I really can't decide anymore what I like most. My favorite albums are probably Somewhere Far Beyond, At the Edge of Time and Beyond the Red Mirror though.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you kill me if I said Grand Parade was one of my least favourite songs on the new album? That doesn't mean it's not great though, because the new album is actual perfection. The two newest albums are the ones I like the most too. 

I always thought The Bard's Song was very overrated.

Would you kill me if I said Grand Parade was one of my least favourite songs on the new album? That doesn't mean it's not great though, because the new album is actual perfection. The two newest albums are the ones I like the most too. 

I always thought The Bard's Song was very overrated.

No, but that's because Lighties don't kill (named) Civvies.

As for the Bard's Song, it's good but not outstanding on the album, but live it's an experience. Have you ever seen them live? You really should. They're probably the best live band there is.

As for And Then There Was Silence, by the way, it took me something like... I think 5 years to fully appreciate the song, so yeah, no hurries there.

Very much agree that BtRM is "actual perfection" though... Never before or after have I heard a masterpiece like that. Only Dream Theater comes close with their newest album, but it tends to be a bit too much ballad-y, which makes it worse than BtRM imo. And you can listen the songs from BtRM seperately while you shouldn't try that with the Dream Theater album.

I've never seen ANY band live. *cries* Well, any famous band. I'll just find a Youtube video of it for now.

For The Bards Song, Hansi doesn't even sing for the majority of the song, as the crowd does it for him. And with Valhalla, the crowd just keeps repeating and repeating the chorus for as long as they can, until they're basically forcefully stopped by the band starting a new song, typically after some 3-4 minutes. If it's the last song before the encore or simply the last song of the concert, then the crowd goes on even longer. And sometimes they spontanously start singing it if it's silent for too long.

Oh, yeah, Mirror Mirror, The Ninth Wave and Sacred Worlds are played very often too. They typically start with The Ninth Wave, and Mirror Mirror is played almost every concert, often as the last song.

Edited by Leyrann

I bet they don't often use Valhalla as a last song, if that's the case. I'm watching this right now: 

and it is pretty awesome that he lets the audience sing. I'd love to be there.

Edited by dawnflower8

• 3 weeks later...