DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Right, according to sources, the WoT TV Series might finally be happening. That means only one thing: sh.t just got real in the "who I want as actor to play [x] character" debate!

To that end, I will be starting a series of threads in which you can post your pictures of actors whom you think will be best able to portray the characters.

There will be rules!

1) Post a picture of your choice, with their name.

2) Pick people who actually are actors (they don't need to be famous) or at a pinch models, who you think could act, and the right age right NOW.

3) Pick people who roughly resemble the description of the characters (I'll post what descriptions there are). Obviously you don't have to be pedantic, but it's got to be realistic. Aiel aren't generally short and dark. Seafolk are generally very dark skinned. Egwene is a teenager, so someone in their 30's or 40's isn't going to work.

4) No biting, kicking or scratching. Channeling and stabbing is allowed, though.

This post will be copied and pasted to each new thread I make, cos I'm lazy.

We will start with the order of appearance (roughly), so first up will be the people we get to know in The Eye of the World (Book 1).

I will make threads for groups of people (ie the Wonder Boys, the Wonder Girls, Emond's Fielders, etc), or we'll have a million threads.

Edited by Elgee

First up, we'll have the Wonder Boys. This is purely because Rand is the first character we meet in the "real" book (ie not the prologue).

Description of Rand al'Thor:

Handsome, tall, broad sholdered, light-skinned, blue-gray eyes and unruly dark reddish hair hanging just past his ears. Strong and muscular but more slender and not as heavily built as Perrin.

He is about 6'5" or 6'6" (196–197 cm) (according to RJ himself)

Full descriptions found in 4 major online source:

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Rand_al%27Thor:

The Dragon Reborn is a handsome, very tall, light-skinned half-Aielman. He has blue-gray eyes and dark reddish, unruly hair hanging just past his ears. Rand has the typical tall, broad shouldered Aiel physique, although he is more slender and not as heavily built as his friend Perrin. He is strong and muscular from years of arduous farm work, archery training, sword practice, fighting and training with the Aiel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_al%27Thor:

Rand is depicted as having gray or blue (interchanging) eyes and reddish hair and is good looking. He is about 6'5" or 6'6" (196–197 cm) (as described by Robert Jordan) with a physique said to be typical of the Aiel.

http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/characters/r/rand.html:

He is a head taller than his father. He has gray eyes and a reddish tint to his hair. (TEotW,Ch1) He is about 6'5" or 6'6" and about 235 pounds.

https://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=Rand_al%27Thor

Rand looks much like an Aiel. He is considered to be tall in the Westlands, though with the Aiel his height isn't so distinguishable. His hair has a reddish tint to it, and he has gray eyes. (TEotW, Ch. 1)

Edited by Elgee

Description of Matrim Cauthon:

Most women find him appealing, with a wiry body and brown hair and eyes. The prankster.

He is about 5'11" or 6' (180 to 182cm) and about 180 pounds (81kg).

Full descriptions found in 3 major online source:

http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/characters/m/mat.html:

He has a wiry body and brown eyes. (TEotW,Ch1) He is long-limbed as a stork. (TGH,Ch3) He is about 5'11" or 6' and about 180 pounds.

https://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=Matrim_Cauthon:

Most women find him appealing, with a wiry body and brown hair and eyes.

Another major side to Mat is that of the prankster. In Emond's Field, he was well known for his escapades.

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Matrim_Cauthon:

He is as long-limbed as a stork, with a wiry body and brown eyes.

Edited by Elgee

Description of Perrin Aybara:

He is half a head shorter than Rand and stocky with thick arms and shoulders. He has curly brown hair. His eyes were a deep dark brown before turning golden when he became a Wolfbrother.

He is about 6'1" or 6'2" (185 to 187cm) and about 235 to 240 pounds (106 to 108kg).

Full descriptions found in 3 major online source:

http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/characters/op/perrin.html:

He is half a head shorter than Rand and stocky with thick arms and shoulders. He has curly brown hair. (TEotW,Ch3) His eyes were dark brown before becoming a Wolfbrother. (TGH,Ch14) He is about 6'1" or 6'2" and about 235 to 240 pounds.

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Perrin_Aybara:

He is stocky, strong, with thick, curly brown hair, and his eyes were a deep, dark brown but have changed and become bright yellow, even golden.

Perrin has wide shoulders and strong arms gained from his hours working as a blacksmith's apprentice. He is tall, being only half a head shorter than Rand al'Thor.

https://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=Perrin_Aybara:

Perrin is of average height, though he is shorter than Rand. He is stocky enough to seem a man and a half wide, and has broad shoulders and thick arms. His hair is a curly brown. Originally, his eyes were also brown, but after becoming a Wolfbrother, they changed to gold, and also become very sharp.

Edited by Elgee

Rand al'Thor

Arguably the mainest of the main characters, this actor really has to fit the bill. He needs to be tall, not too dark-skinned, have light eyes (though lenses would help), and reddish dark hair (hair dye can only do so much. i shudder at the GoT hair disasters.)

On top of that, he has to have immense presence, and has to be sexy (or the women wouldn't lose their rag over him so badly, heh?)

I've searched and thought. Leigh Butler came up with Nicholas Hoult. I can't find anyone better, though he's pushing it on age (27) and not quite reaching the height (only 6'3) but close enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Hoult:

Nicholas Caradoc Hoult[1] (born 7 December 1989)[2][3][4] is an English actor. Hoult made his professional acting debut at the age of seven in the 1996 film Intimate Relations. He received recognition after landing the role of Marcus Brewer in About a Boy, for which he was nominated for the Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Young Performer. He received further acclaim for his performance as Tony Stonem in the E4 teen drama Skins.

Following these roles, Hoult found further critical and commercial success after landing the role of Beast in the X-Men films, Kenny Potter in A Single Man, the zombie R in Warm Bodies, author J.D. Salinger in Rebel in the Rye and as the War Boy Nux in Mad Max: Fury Road. He will portray inventor Nikola Tesla in The Current War, set for release in December 2017.

nichola-hoult-03.jpg

There's another actor called Jonny Weston, who might do.

He's only 6 foot on the dot, but he was born in Charleston ... lol

Jonny Weston (born June 16, 1988) is an American actor. He starred as real-life surfer Jay Moriarity in the 2012 film Chasing Mavericks and as brainy high school student David Raskin in the 2015 time-travel adventure Project Almanac.[1][2][3] He has also appeared in Sugar, John Dies at the End, About Cherry and Caroline and Jackie.

BHYAIyGCcAAE9QW.jpg

jonny-weston-shirtless-for-v-man-exclusi

Rand

I like Nicholas Hoult. He is tall, 6' 3".  Camera work can be done to minimize or extend hight. In Hunger Games, Peeta is as tall as Katness, but in reality he is really short. Nicholas looks really young. the second one is in 2013

nicholas-hoult-660.jpg                               hqdefault.jpg

Alex Pettyfer

b199d8042d8782bd082e0917bf0479da.jpg?noi                   048c5bd4cefad0c374147ae2c880af5c.jpg

Edited by Ryrin

As far as a fantasy Rand, I thought this model looked like him. Eian Scully. This part is so important, an actor needs to play Rand but just thought I'd share.

DSCF7827b.jpg          Eian-Scully-Greg-Vaughan-MALEMODELSCENE-              

Matrim Cauthon:

Most women find him appealing, with a wiry body and brown hair and eyes. The prankster.

He is about 5'11" or 6' (180 to 182cm) and about 180 pounds (81kg).

I'm in complete agreement with Leigh Butler on this - There can be only one.

Dylan O'Brien (born August 26, 1991) is an American actor and musician. He first received attention as "Stiles" Stilinski in the MTV series Teen Wolf,[2] and transitioned to film in projects such as The First Time, The Internship and Deepwater Horizon, and as the lead in the dystopian science-fiction adventure series The Maze Runner, consisting of The Maze Runner and its sequel, Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials.

8b2u448hbok0uo8k.jpg?skj2io4l

dylan-o-brien-photoshoot-tyler-posey-hot

Edited by Elgee

Perrin Aybara:

He is half a head shorter than Rand and stocky with thick arms and shoulders. He has curly brown hair. His eyes were a deep dark brown before turning golden when he became a Wolfbrother.

He is about 6'1" or 6'2" (185 to 187cm) and about 235 to 240 pounds (106 to 108kg).

I'm really struggling with this one.

So far I've come up with a guy called Cody Kears, who acted in Power Rangers (2017), Riverdale (2017) and Borealis (2016).

30687-Cody_Kearsley160Edit.jpg?itok=CWSe

MitchTheMechanic01.jpg

The struggle is real finding anyone to be the boys... They are perfect in my head!

MAYBE Jordan Fry for Perrin... Maybe...

MV5BMjIxMTkxNTg0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY2

Teo Halm for Mat?

MV5BOWQ3Y2EzNTgtYzNkOS00MmJmLWEwNjMtZjBl

Edited by Aiel Heart

I'm not too bothered if there's small discrepancies in appearance as long as they "feel" right as the character. 

For example, the height thing doesn't bother me too much. I think Rand should be very tall because it's important because of his Aiel heritage. I think Moraine should be very small because the juxtaposition between her power and her height is something that's pointed our very often.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't think I'd rule someone out if the height didn't match. In a Perrin I'm looking for someone who looks physically powerful and has a nice beard, ya know?  :laugh:

Also Dylan O'Brien is perfect for Mat!

• 3 weeks later...

Since no-one has gone there, I will ... how about Harry Styles for Mat? He's about 5'11, has a reputation for being a complete degenerate (probably false, but it helps), isn't classically attractive but dear lord he's a sexy boy! And it seems he can actually act too!

He even comes with his own hat.

320C75F900000578-3484991-No-a-13_1457574

Can you imagine the fanbase that would bring to the series? LoL