DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hey all

Cross

So i read Eye of the World when i was in middle school and had a hankering to re-read it all these years later. and promptly after i've got the first six books and am currently making my way through the Great Hunt. and of course it got me thinking, geesh i wanna talk about this stuff and therein stumbled on this site. which looks cool so far and i'm sure glad you all have a forums, much more used to this set up than say reddit. 

anyways just wanted to introduce myself and say hey. 

Hello and welcome to Dragonmont. We have a really large site here. You may especially want to be careful around the discussion forums so the series isn't spoiled for you. While spoilers can now be everywhere, the social groups (based on the WoT) are less likely to have them. Anyway, we are happy to have you and if you have any questions, please ask.

thanks for the welcomes, and yeah i poked around a bit before joining so staying away from certain rooms and threads until after i read all the books. (totally not a skip to the end before finishing type) i'm not entirely clued in on these social groups though, anyone have a brief definition/description of what exactly goes on in and with them?

chaelca, thanks so much, the avi is a character in a webcomic i'm developing, actually hadn't realized it until i re-read Eye, but she's influenced some by the book. 

Cross, , the Social Groups are based on the WoT. I spend the majority of my time in the White Tower and Warders. You can advance through the ranks and become a Warder or an Aes Sedai. All of the Ajah's are there. We also have discussions, events, and games, as do other social groups. There is a sticky at the top of each group that explains what they are about. You will not be able to see all of the forums until and if, you choose to became a member.

Wow so, you drew it yourself ? O.O

And for myself, I am in the Band, the White Tower and the Wolfkin :)

> Ryrin did a fantastic job at giving you info about the White Tower so I'll talk a bit about the Band of the Red Hand. Like for the Tower, there's a lot going on in the hidden boards (= the ones you'll see after signing up) but the band main topics are music, food and travels. We have three Regiment to choose from : the archers, cavalry and infantry ; games and monthly competitions.

well i'm always up for chili. i'll definitely poke around those rooms. 

now i saw you guys have an RP section. looked around a bit, how active are they? 

and yeah Chaelca drew her myself. :D and old favorite of mine. speaking of where's the best place for art and artists around here?

I am busy with two characters are the moment. We don't have that many people active but the ones who are here post daily.

I have one character in the Band and one in the White Tower :)

The Tuathan'an's is the best place for art. The board is a bit slow for the moment though !

awesome, sometimes honestly RP's are best with fewer people. i'm thinking about starting one in Turnings of the Wheel. seems to have the most freedom and got an idea percolating that doesnt quite fit elsewhere it seems. the one's you're in easy to slip into? 

Unfortunately no one is active at the moment in turning of the wheel but if you have a story, I am sure that some people will join in.

The two RP I am in are a bit tough to slip in (you can have a look if you want) but both characters will be ready to start something new pretty soon ! What character would you like to play with?

dont have a lot of specifics fleshed out yet, new ideas keep coming as i read the books, but the character i'm thinking of would most likely be an aes sedai apart, in other words chose not to belong to any ajah. recently/not so recently lost her warder, has been away for quite some time. perhaps across the sea. which yeah is why it'd pretty much need to go in the turning of the wheel. it'd definitely be a path/reality apart.  had been kicking around the idea of it being a story of how the amyrlin came to be or a world in which the position never existed. or even more simply seeing how the aes sedai had fallen in some areas to the derision and despising some people have for them. probably the latter. 

also i'm sure a lot is revealed the more i read the books. yet another reason to like Turning, doesnt matter so much. 

it a very interesting character ! O.O

Makes me want to RP with her lol

Maybe you can check things with the Freelander's group ... and meet my Bander character, Fang during one of her adventures. Myrrhi - the Aes Sedai - will probably be a bit boring :tongue:

She's like the Green Ajah Hermione Granger :tongue:

fang seems pretty interesting i can see her interacting well with whats in my head. though i'm settling on the Turning, simplest, and allows the most freedom i think. ever think about what a slightly alternate version of fang might be like? one portal world away.

awesome, think i have enough fleshed out to start writing, should have something up within a day or two, or end of the week. keep an eye out there. and if you have any ideas by all means throw em at me

It's great that you are interested in role play. I have an idea in my head for a character but haven't had the time to sit down and really give it a go.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! in a similiar boat. Read all the way to the book 11. Found myself remembering eye of the world, but not much of the others. With these new kindles it is so easy to access and re read books from when i was a kid! LOVE this series. BEST BOOKS EVER! i even remember writing book reports on them in highschool and middle school...

-witt

Archived