DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dragonmount App

Aradin

EDIT******You have permission to delete this post. I saw it on the side board and thought it was in general discussion, not the black tower social group. I apologize. But don't know how to delete it. Guess you can put a cat back in the bag.*****

If there were one I would download it as I access DM primarily through my phone. And the desktop version, while not fitting my phone's browser as well as the mobile version, looks cleaner, neater and provides me more information about updated threads at a glance. So if there were a DM APP I would be looking for it to fit my phone well but also provide me that information quickly and neatly in some way.

EDIT******You have permission to delete this post. I saw it on the side board and thought it was in general discussion, not the black tower social group. I apologize. But don't know how to delete it. Guess you can put a cat back in the bag.*****

If there were one I would download it as I access DM primarily through my phone. And the desktop version, while not fitting my phone's browser as well as the mobile version, looks cleaner, neater and provides me more information about updated threads at a glance. So if there were a DM APP I would be looking for it to fit my phone well but also provide me that information quickly and neatly in some way.

This is an open board. You can post here all you want :smile:

I prefer doing this on my laptop but I'm moving a lot so my phone is how I check in. I'll be moving to an s5 or and s6 galaxy in a little over a week so I may get a bigger screen but I still prefer the desktop site to the mobile one. I'd like the mobile one more if I could see who posted most recently on a thread or if the mobile aesthetics were more similar to the desktop.

• 3 weeks later...

Any thoughts on having an app for Dragonmount?

Some pros:

1. It would be much quicker

2. It would look coool

3. More people would learn about the WoT series and would read in then join Dragonmount

4. There aren't any decent WoT apps

I support having an app. 

One of the reasons I wanted to learn app development was to make a DM app (solely for my use if it doesn't turn out well which I don't think it will) but I never got around to learning app development. 

If someone makes one, can I see how an app is developed behind the scenes?

As long as its done through the proper channels and all of that, I'd be good with that. I just got my first smart phone so new apps sound fun :P

And here I thought I was the last person on earth to get a smartphone a few years ago.

Why not!? How do you live?!

Sorry - that's just me being geeky about smart phones. If you do end up getting a smartphone -

an iPhone is definitely the BEST choice.

any android lovers - do you dare challenge me on that one

No.

Never, ever make the mistake of buying an Apple product. It immediately means everything has to be Apple, as there's (at least historically, and knowing Apple I doubt that's changed in the last few years) two different systems to connect devices. Standard, and Apple.

Android ftw.

1. Android phones are cheaper and I can get a pretty good Android phone in my range. If I want an iPhone within similar range, I'll have to go for older generations and my extended family had experienced problems with older generations crashing a lot once new generations are released.

2. Contrary to what people say, I don't find iPhone significantly easier to use.

3. iPhone may have better graphics and better memory management and an Android might need higher specs to get the same performance but such Androids are easier to find.

4. Androids have a much more competitive market so I can find something that suits me better. Maybe it's the size, maybe the better graphics or something else.

5. New iPhone and airpod thing. I don't want to spend more money on some similar to what I have. I may have better headphones but be unable to use them with my phone because someone decided that there should only be airpods used.

6. Now I heard that iPhone have more apps but from my experience those apps aren't targetted at Indian market. The kind of apps that I use that are available for free on app store.

TL;DR Unless you are rich or live somewhere where getting iPhone is much easier or do something that requires Apple, Android is the better choice.

I can't agree with you on that point.

point number one

iPhones get the best apps first.

Even though the iPhone has a smaller market share, developers still tend to make the best apps for iOS first.

Yes, you can find most of the same popular apps on Android, but they don't always have the better features and designs.

If you care about having the best apps on your phone, you're better off with iPhone.

Btw this is a friendly debate :wink:

Point Number Two

They're better looking.

With a few exceptions like the gorgeous HTC One and Xiaomi Mi Note, there aren't many great-looking Android phones out there. Many are chunky and plasticky.

The iPhone consistently has a better designs than Android phones.

Point Number Three

AP

Apple Pay is still in its early days, but so far Apple is the only company that has created an easy-to-use mobile-payments platform that is accepted at a lot of major retailers. Plus, Apple has support from most major credit-card companies and banks.

Point Number Three

AP

Apple Pay is still in its early days, but so far Apple is the only company that has created an easy-to-use mobile-payments platform that is accepted at a lot of major retailers. Plus, Apple has support from most major credit-card companies and banks.

I'm Dutch, I have iDeal, so I don't care about easy-to-use payments as I can basically always use iDeal, which seriously is the easiest you're ever going to get.

Why not!? How do you live?!

Sorry - that's just me being geeky about smart phones. If you do end up getting a smartphone -

an iPhone is definitely the BEST choice.

any android lovers - do you dare challenge me on that one

Quite well actually, I just use internet when I'm not busy with family, work, or other important things.  Keeps it from consuming me.  I'm easily addicted to gaming so it keeps me away from those app games that could really screw me up again.  I'm almost tempted to quit facebook, I'm trying to use it as it was meant to, contacting old lost friends or what not.  It's been good.  Not having a smart phone really makes any time I have with friends or family have to be over the phone or in person so I find it helps the quality of friendships.  I think DM is my guilty pleasure in a way.  This and facebook, other than bills and the necessary stuff that's online now, I don't do much.  Sure some articles here and there but I'm one of those rare people who still likes to read a real newspaper.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived